Hi! I am 18, currently a size 22/24 in australian sizes :(.

Options
Is anyone else the same?

I really wana lose weight, but have no idea where to start! Can anyone suggest any affordable healthy eating food plans to lose weight? I am a student so can't afford expensive stuff..but i really want to aim to lose a lot of weight this year! thanks :)

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    just stick to MFP and eat at your goals add a little bit of moving and you will loose weight!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellielou,

I'm not 18, I'm also not 22/24.
    I'm 32 and a size 10/12 au.

I am australia.

first thing first, you have started, you've started here, and you are asking for help, that's a step in the right direction.

What I suggest is listen to the podcast "the smarter science of slim" they also have a website. The podcast is free, and covers everything in the book. It really is fantastic.
    But you'll need to make some drastic changes.

So write yourself some goals, like how much you want to loose. and then ask yourself how you are going to get there.

Yes loosing weight is going to be hard, but remember it took time to put it on and it's going to take time to get it off.

But good luck.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey there

Welcome to the journey that will move your soul, test you will and change your life.

Eat less, eat healthier food, move more.......

Opt for fresh veggies and fruit, leaner meat and less processed bread ( go wholewheat maybe?)
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey welcome, I'm Helen in New Zealand :)

Good on you for taking the first step and joining up to here. My best advice is to figure out this site, then you can eat whatever you like but learn about moderation.

My family and I don't have alot of money so I have found this site good as its easy, free and I find it helps more with portion control rather than what you eat if that makes sense.

Add me as a friend if you like, I can help where I can and love to motivate :D
  • ellielou22
    Options
    Wow everyone here is so nice! Thanks for all the replies :) I am gonna try really hard this year and lose the weight! :)
  • imch64
    imch64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting.

Fruit, veges and soup.

Soup has been a big winner for me and my family, esp the fat free cup a soups for lunch and ocassional snacks.

And start moving - walk.

You will fee so good.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm about 10 years older than you and started at a similar size (I'm in Sydney). I started at a 22, which I still wear because <wait for it> I haven't found anything nice I can justify spending the money on, it's a bit of a resource here too! I love this site because it's free, the app is great and the support helps a lot. If I log i lose...it's almost that simple! I've had a couple of rugrats so things are not where they once were, but I have a pair of jeans my husband (then bf) bought me on my 18th birthday...they are a size 16 so I have quite a ways to go. Feel free to poke around my (not great) diary and see a somewhat normal day for me - does not include a lot of expensive things and I shop at aldi. So long as you log even a loaf of bread and some peanut butter can get you through the week! Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • KayleighWS
    KayleighWS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I come from a one income family (and not a big income). I find eating healthy is not more expensive. I have chicken breast on salad, cup a soup which is usually on sale at Woolies. I eat fruit in season and Aldi offers some good deals. I bake alot of my veggies and so you get quite a bit of food for not much calories or money. You are welcome to add me and look and view my meals. Nothing too complicated and we are around the same size. I was a 26 but now a 20/22 depending on brand of clothes and style. All I did was change some of my food choices and cooking practice and added some exercise into my routine. I didn't join a gym. I walk part way home after work and I got a zumba DVD at a garage sale with the weights and use that as well. So I know losing weight can be done on a budget and you only have to invest a bit of time in logging your foods and adding some exercise. I have lost 13.6 kg since October.
    All the best, you can do this!
    Kayleigh
  • cluthab
    cluthab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There's a popular diet in the UK just now called the 5:2, 2 days on less than 500cals for females, 600 for men. On the other 5 days you can eat normally. We have a few friends on it and all say it's working for them.

Good luck,

Gordon