5:2 diet - please help :) Thank you!

Options
Hi there,

Is anyone trying this out? I was wondering if you are on the 5:2 diet do you have to eat within a certain window such as 10-8 or 10 hour window for women like leangains or can you eat whenever?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    See this site - there is a forum dedicated to 5:2 where all your questions can be answered:

http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/important.php

Disclaimer: I do not follow this plan.
  • mimiwin
    mimiwin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Watch the documentary eat fast eat from the BBC and you will have a few answers and check on the net and youtube you will find info but ultimately you must twick it to suit your own body needs that can be slightly different than those of someone else :)

Good luck with it all !!!
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I do 5:2 and no, you don't eat within a certain window. You simply eat normally 5 days a week (i.e. to your maintenance level calories) and 500 (woman) or 600 (man) on 2 non-consecutive days. How you divide up the 500/600 is entirely up to you - for some people it works splitting it into 3, some skip breakfast and have a small lunch/dinner and some, like me, save it all up for an evening meal.

There's a 5:2 group here on MFP so you may want to join that for ideas/support: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

You're welcome to add me as a friend if you want to see my (non perfect) food diary.

Best of luck!
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Staceychurche
    My husband and I have been on the diet for only 4 weeks so we are not experts but we are doing OK. We've lost 11 and 12 lbs respectively.
    I've just read Dr Mosley's book The Fast Diet in the last week so here's how I see it. He recommends eating breakfast and dinner we eat our 500 calories breakfast, lunch and dinner but we just have homemade soup for lunch worth 40 cals. He suggests as long as possible fasting- like 12 hours as I remember. One thing he suggested and I tried and REJECTED this week was to try a 2pm to 2pm fast. It was much harder we found as it was over 2 days and we were really busy(lead a Bushwalking up a mountain, went to a financial meeting where I had to be alert and then a 3 hour community meeting) but we survived it. The reason Dr Mosley suggested to try 2pm to 2pm fast was because you had a longer fast overnight . We are no experts but you are welcome to friend us and see what we do. You might even give us good ideas like our friend from France.
    By the way Dr Micheal Mosley came up with the diet and his book is the Fast Diet and he made a TV program about it.
    Beavergong
  • SAMC1989
    SAMC1989 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys!! xxx
  • vicelike
    Options
    was wondering if any one here, just eats on non fast days without any reference to calories. I thought that one of the benefits of this diet is that it can free you from calorie counting

Is that right?