rest day for bodyweight exercises

Options
hi there ,

I only do bodyweight exercises , all kinds of push ups,crunches you name it.

Most of the time I do them certain amount of reps or by time. depends on the exercise.
I do let some burn in the muscle group i am targeting but not to much.

Every morning after I wake up I do these exercises. Every day has different exercises but target the whole body (I hope)
It's a habit now.

anyway today I was thinking muscle need to recover also but if i do this every morning I am not allowing muscles to heal properly.
I started searching the internet about this but they all say different things. Some say 2 days others 1 and other site say it's ok to do bodyweight exercises everyday.

So now i still dont know if I should do it.
So what do you recommend? what worked best for you?

Replies

• IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means but I would just listen to your body. I'm sure if you're overdoing it and feel it then you should rest, but if you feel up to doing it that often, then I don't know if it's a problem.

Hopefully someone better at answering comes along... haha.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the same things. I'm so confused about it because everyone says something different. I just don't want to end up doing something counterproductive.
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If I feel sore in my legs for example I dont do those exercises that target that muscle group.

I keep them doing them everyday for now.
    I feel good doing them.

I never do the same exercise the next day. I lways try to do a different exercise to target the same muscle group but targeting it in a different way.

Don't think I am overloading my body anyway at this moment. :)

thanks for your thoughts!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think that's the best way to tackle it. That's what I do with the same type of exercise. If something is really sore I give it a rest and work on something else.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    If you are getting bigger/stronger then its working for you recovery-wise. If not , it isn't.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Curious to see more replies.

I generally go every other day, but I have done 2 days in a row. Depends how sore I am. Many people subscribe to the "grease the gears" or maybe its "grease the groove"??? that certain moves you are trying to improve on you do every day, but just not too intensely.