Healthy homemade snacks I can mail

Options
It's my best friend's birthday and I want to send her some healthy homemade snacks she can have around instead of cupcakes (she already got cupcakes!)

She doesn't need to lose weight - in fact she could probably gain some - but she needs some good nutrition in her life. She starts work early in the morning and has no breaks to eat all day. Then she gets home and binges on unhealthy food.

I'd like to send her some snacks she can have in her pocket so that she isn't going 12+ hours with no food. They need to keep long enough to mail (I can tell her to freeze, refrigerate etc once she gets them).

So far my only ideas are granola bars and big ol' breakfast cookies or muffins. Help!

Replies

• TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Larabars are good, or several of the fruit and nut bar varieties...single serving nuts, try a sampler goodie bag...I did one for a friends birthday...went to my local healthfood store and got a few different things...vegan mint patties, bars, even candy, it was fun :).
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've started bringing little bags of snacks to work with me to stave off the mid-morning munchies... Any combination of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews), dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips, raisins, mini marchmallows, small pieces of fudge, chopped dates. You could package up a few different mixes for her very easily, and if you wanted them presenting nicely because it's a gift, either put them in some nice small pots, or get some celophane and gift ribbon to parcel them up instead of cheap food bags.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've started bringing little bags of snacks to work with me to stave off the mid-morning munchies... Any combination of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews), dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips, raisins, mini marchmallows, small pieces of fudge, chopped dates. You could package up a few different mixes for her very easily, and if you wanted them presenting nicely because it's a gift, either put them in some nice small pots, or get some celophane and gift ribbon to parcel them up instead of cheap food bags.

Agree with this!!! Buy her favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruit (and maybe some sweets or dark choc if she fancies them!) and mix it up and pack them for her :) It is much cheaper than buying prepacked mixed nuts! and also already packaged ones are salted/oiled/not exactly your favorite combination!

You're such a sweet friend, I'm sure she'll be delighted when it arrives!!! :D
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have a wide variety of nuts and dried fruits already, so I'll mix her up some trail mix to go with my other ideas; two kinds of granola bars, morning glory muffins, and tofu jerky.