The Dukan Diet

Options
Hi there. Over the last few days I have carried out a lot of research on The Dukan Diet, The rule seems to be that there are a few strict rules but it really does work. Im starting the attack phase today because Im so impressed with it, but I wondered if any other MFP peps have tried it, or are on it?? Im also doing Insanity but will see how my energy levels are for the next few days whilst on the attack phase to gauge wether or not I can do it. Any thoughts on this subject any one? Thankyou.

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It is complete garbage. I own all the books and several products from their store. The "food" is disgusting, and the diet itself is unhealthy overall. You will lose a lot of weight in the first week or two, but it all comes back.

Try eating smaller portions of food that you like and can live with eating for the rest of your life.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...Try eating smaller portions of food that you like and can live with eating for the rest of your life.

That's solid advice! :drinker:
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you! x
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    A lot of people at work have been on it but found they really missed fruit and veg and didn't feel healthy overall on it. They all said it wasn't sustainable over a period of time.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A lot of people around me tryed it..
    Its good if you like protein rich foods and can reduce carbs easily.
    It helps not only for weightloss bit also if you have binges and an unbearable appetite for sweets and candy becourse it regulates the insulin production again and ald other hormone thingsbin your body.
    However its not a fad diet but a lifestyle change in eating habbits.
    The first few kilos go dosn quick becourse of water loss from reduced carbs then it goes just as quick as any other eating pattern with a caloric deficite. But it helps with cravings an such.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Pierre Dukan was struck off the French Medical Register last year....
  • Kimmybean13
    Kimmybean13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Considering all the dukan diet food is stuff you cook yourself, that would just mean your cooking is disgusting.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This diet worries me mainly because I have a friend who has gone mad on it, yes she has lost loads of weight (she's been doing it far too long) but AS SOON as she deviates from the "diet" she bloats hence why she has got into a cycle.

I'd love there to be a quick fix for weight loss, i think eveyone would but to me it makes more sense re training my brain about what is healthy and portion sizes so I can eat what I like, within reason, and maintain long term.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    those of us who have been successful on The Dukan Diet went through all four phases - we do have a group here on MFP if you care to check it out. You get vegetables back in the second phase, fruit and bread back in the third phase. Everything back with guidelines for the 4th phase and the plan is to have a lifestyle change about food.

The one thing I did different when I was on the Dukan Diet and to this day on the lifelong plan is count and log calories. It is very easy to feel full on the diet due to the high amount of lean protein.

Everyone has a different take on it, but I urge everyone to do what the OP did - research it first and read the book cover to cover I did/do the on line coaching, and I never bought a Dukan Brand Food.

I broke a life long addiction to overeating bread, rice ,pasta and potatoes... I am 15 months into it and down 46 pounds. I have been in my goal range now for about 8 or 9 months.

Once again, not for everyone. But works for me.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    those of us who have been successful on The Dukan Diet went through all four phases - we do have a group here on MFP if you care to check it out. You get vegetables back in the second phase, fruit and bread back in the third phase. Everything back with guidelines for the 4th phase and the plan is to have a lifestyle change about food.

The one thing I did different when I was on the Dukan Diet and to this day on the lifelong plan is count and log calories. It is very easy to feel full on the diet due to the high amount of lean protein.

Everyone has a different take on it, but I urge everyone to do what the OP did - research it first and read the book cover to cover I did/do the on line coaching, and I never bought a Dukan Brand Food.

I broke a life long addiction to overeating bread, rice ,pasta and potatoes... I am 15 months into it and down 46 pounds. I have been in my goal range now for about 8 or 9 months.

Once again, not for everyone. But works for me.

Wow brilliant thank you. Well done on finding what works for you. I love my carbs but I love protein too so I think that I can stick to it. Isnt that the secret to a diet wether it actually suit you or not? The diet its self you could say Im already on it because I already eat all the things that are on the can have list just usually at the same time!! thank you I appreciate your imput x
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just had a quick google and found that the British Dietetic Association (http://www.bda.uk.com/) named it the worst celebrity diet for three years running (2010, 2011, 2012) -- now that's funny! :D