30 Day Shred and the Gym

Options
As the title says... is this OK to do or not?

I was thinking of

Monday - Gym (10 min warm up 30 min weight 40 min cardio)
Tuesday - 30 DS
Wednesday - Gym (10 min warm up 30 min weight 40 min cardio)
Thursday - 30 DS
Friday - 30 DS
Saturday - either 30 DS, Swimming or Rest
Sunday - REST.

I also wanted to ask, if on a Monday and Wednesday I get time in the morning to do the 30 DS would it still be OK to do this then go to the gym in the evening?

BTW I am not trying to lose weight quickly, I just want a better shape and I am not in a massive hurry, although by June would be nice LOL! Also the Cardio is mainly for health not to lose :)

Any advice, tips, help, ideas would be greatly appreciated x

Replies

• chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If you want results with 30DS I would do it at least 5 days a week, since that's what it was designed for. I followed it that way and lost 15 inches and 3 dress sizes lol. But technically it is YOUR workout and you can do it however you want to. Alot of people even do 30DS every day but I had to have rest days lol. I did 30DS and then did a session on Nike Kinect every day. So you deft can do more activity if you want :)
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

I really enjoy the 30DS work out, I like that it feels like a decent workout in a short space of time.

I would just like to know if it is OK to do the 30DS workout in a morning, then the gym in the afternoon? If so I would be able to get in the 30DS at least 4-5 days a week.
  • karemb
    karemb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have never done the 30 day shred. I have seen it on Amazon so am interested in getting it but is it hard to push yourself to do the dvd when at home.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi I have never done the 30 day shred. I have seen it on Amazon so am interested in getting it but is it hard to push yourself to do the dvd when at home.

I actually really enjoy it, I think I like the fact it is a short routine so you give it all and don't really have time to wimp out if that makes sense.
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    I did it in about 33 days (so 3 days off throughout the whole program) and I did it while going to the gym 4 /5 times a week. I just tried to have at least an hour between finishing at the gym and doing the shred. it was pretty tough going though!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did it in about 33 days (so 3 days off throughout the whole program) and I did it while going to the gym 4 /5 times a week. I just tried to have at least an hour between finishing at the gym and doing the shred. it was pretty tough going though!

I see a lot about the 30DS and I'm with another memeber on here, I'm not sure If I can get motivated to do a DVD at home. But I was curious after 33 ds and what your results were after 33 days?