Fat Thighs

Options
Hi

I was wondering if there was any specific exercises to help tone my thighs up. I walk on a treadmill for 30 mins 5 times a week and although just above my knee has toned up, right at the top of my leg is still flabby.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    squats & lunges
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, bicycles, inner thigh stretch, outer thigh stretch try exercise.com and type in work out videos for thighs
  • heinykin2
    heinykin2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you have access to an ARC machine. Did wonders for me!!!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You gotta reduce your overall body fat, to do that you need to lift weights and eat a decent amount
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, bicycles, inner thigh stretch, outer thigh stretch try exercise.com and type in work out videos for thighs

All this stuff, plus plie hops.

If you're interested in getting a DVD, Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs is great.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!

with a barbell.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!

with a barbell.

Yeah, this.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!

with a barbell.

Deadlifting with a barbell is nice too :happy:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    squats & lunges

^This.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Overall weight loss will eventually result in smaller thighs. For me, it's the last place I lose weight, and the first place that I gain (sigh). Squats and lunges, as well as using the elliptical with some resistance, are finally making some muscles appear where previously there was only flab. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. The circumference of my thighs has dropped through overall weight loss, even though my legs are getting stronger.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!

with a barbell.

This but if you can't do it with a barbell like some of us due to medical reasons, body weight squats have helped me - not as much as squats with a barbell would but it has helped.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if there was any specific exercises to help tone my thighs up. I walk on a treadmill for 30 mins 5 times a week and although just above my knee has toned up, right at the top of my leg is still flabby.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Treadmill but on an incline. It is great for butt and thighs. I keep steady speed at 3, start incline at 3 and every 3 minutes take it up 0.5 incline until I reach 6. I also saw a workout from a trainer for an upscale gym in NY that she does something similar for thighs and glutes but has speed at 4 and goes on incline from 3 to sudden 8 for ~2-3minutes.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells, or Tae Bo, or biking
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great topic! This is the first place I gain weight and the LAST place I loose it!
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    Recumbant bike works the thigh area pretty good.
  • pink_adrenaline
    Options
    I just purchased this DVD! I was hoping it helped others! I LOVE my thick thighs but I want them TONED TONED TONED I'm glad it helped you! Looking forward to it!!! Did you do it daily or skip a day in between?? I'm also on day 5 of her 30 day shred- and I want to incorporate the buns and thighs into my daily routine now that I'm feeling more active. Thanks in advance!!!