Deck of Cards Workout

Options
I'm going out of the country for a little over a week. I'm very worried about ruining my success. I found this quick travel-friendly workout. I modified it a little from the original so that it lines up with some of the things my trainer has me doing. I'm using resistance bands with my workout (especially with the arm stuff). I've started by doing 10 cards each morning, but I hope to get up to 1/2 the deck! Its excellent if you are new to working out, need a little variety, or are traveling and wont have time or access to a gym. Give it a try and see what you think!! :)

Deck of Cards Workout

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10: Repetitions

Kings: 1 minute of face card
Queens: 1 minute bicep/tricep curls
Jacks: 1 minute Plank

Hearts: Lunges
Clubs: Reverse Crunches
Diamond: Push-ups
Spades: Crunches

Ace: 1 minute break
Jokers: choose to repeat last exercise or take an additional 1 minute break

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How many cards do you deal? I'm not totally clear how this works....
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Neat.
  • ashaewill
    Options
    How many cards do you deal? I'm not totally clear how this works....

You can start off with as many cards as you want. I started with 10. my goal is to increase by 3 cards per week so that I will be at jus over half the deck in 6 weeks.

It works like this: Deal yourself however many cards that you want to work with. Lets say you do 6 cards and get a 9 of hearts, King of clubs, 10 of diamonds, 5 of spades, a Joker, and a Queen (of any suit)...This is how your workout will look;

9 of hearts: Do 9 LUNGES
    King of clubs: In one minute, do as many REVERSE CRUNCHES as you can (You are doing the reverse crunches because this is a club card).
    10 of spades: Do 10 CRUNCHES (or sit ups...whichever you prefer).
    a Joker: You can choose to take a 1 MINUTE BREAK or REPEAT THE LAST CARD (which means you would do 10 CRUNCHES again)
    5 of diamonds: Do PUSH UPS
    a Queen (of any suit): Do 1 minute of BICEP CURLS and 1 MINUTE OF TRICEP CURLS (or tricep extentions...whichever you prefer).

I hope this helps!!