Dinner Ideas!!

Options
Msdiva82
Msdiva82 Posts: 5
I need some dinner ideas for Monday night dinner!

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Homemade Lasagna 1 peice only has 261 calories! And its super yummy!! Pot roast one of my favs!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    What do you have and how many people?
  • tezramenne
    Options
    I just made a modified slow cooker salsa chicken that I saw in another thread and it was soooo good!

I had frozen chicken breasts, which are alot bigger than fresh, so I used two of those. Added in a can of enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom, Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies, mushrooms, and a little taco sauce. Cooked on low for six hours stirred in some cooked rice and served it in tortillas. These were all things I had in my cabinet, which is why it was modified from the original recipe :)

The rest of the fam put cheese and sour cream on theirs but mine was still just delicious even without those. And I have a ton of leftovers, so I'll have it for lunch tomorrow as well and probably again for dinner later in the week.

Soooo good!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    We had Taco Salad tonight which was great... higher in calories than I'd have liked but that was only because of the ground beef. It would've been just as good without the cheese too.

Homemade tortilla chips: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/baked-tortilla-chips-recipe/index.html
    Taco Seasoning (makes enough for 3 pounds of beef): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Seasoning-For-Tacos/Detail.aspx?prop31=2

We added on leftover pinto beans, romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, 2% cheddar cheese and a dab of salsa.

Now i have to figure out what to make for tomorrow night... can't go shopping until after dinner and running low on food! :)
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm making fettuccini with roasted grape tomatoes and spinach

(I wanted roasted zucchini and squash in it too, but they looked kinda yuckie at the store
    and if it doesn't look good, don't buy it)
  • sweetscorpio17
    sweetscorpio17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Eggplant, squash and pasta!

Tonight I diced up an eggplant, with 1 onion, 2 carrots, 2 zucchinis, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 1 jalepeno!

I cooked it in 3 cups chicken broth for about 15 minutes until it started boiling and then added some salt and 2 cups of whole grain macoroni, covered and cooked until the noodles were done!

You can throw in whatever veggies you want, in my opinion the jalepeno makes the dish so yummy!

My combination was around 250 calories and made about 4-5 servings.