Hi! I'm Kristi.

Options
Hello. :)

My name is Kristi, i'm 25, and I'm just getting started here. I originally joined MFP when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so I could track my carbs (which worked really well, by the way). But, my son is now over a year old, and I think I'm finally ready to lose the weight. I didn't gain weight during my pregnancy. It was actually the first time in my life my metabolism ever actually kicked in. I ended up weighing less after giving birth than I did before I got pregnant. This isn't baby weight I'm here to lose. It's just me weight. Had a pretty raging ed in high school, but I'm sure some of you know how that goes. So... Annnnnyway.

Guess it's about time to get myself under control. I've got a cute little boy to chase around now. I think my goal is to lose 100lbs. We'll see. I have a wide frame to begin with, so I may or may not actually have that much to lose. According to bmi charts that's where I should be, but time will tell. I'm currently 233.4 lbs. I'm 5'3". I wear a size 18/20. We'll see what happens.

I'd love to be friends with you, whoever you are and whatever your goals.

<3

Replies

• ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck, you can do it if you really want to, the thing is here, you must Want to do it for yourself, and well you can also want to do it for your cute son, Chasing him around should help already. just watch your food and how much you eat.
  • JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi!! Feel free to add me if you like. I can relate to some of your story. I had lost over 50 pounds before getting pregnant with my third child. I did really well during the pregnancy and only gained 23 lbs but after my c-section I put the majority of the rest back on. I have been working at it for several months and I now weigh less than I did when I got married 15 years ago and still have a few pounds to go. I would love to help you on your journey!