New Under Garmets!!!! (Warning: Girly content!)

Options
lisawest
lisawest Posts: 798 Member
One more warning: Girly content!!! Men may not want to read!!

Ok, I know that many people would not be terribly excited about being able to buy off the rack lengerie. However, I have had to special order mine for almost 6 years. When I started this journey last August I wore a size 42 DD (down from 42 G when I was nursing:noway: ). Yesterday I measured, and then went to the store and tried on the size I calculated (not for one minute believing I was correct). I was!!! I Purchased 3 new bras yesterday in size 38 C!!!!:bigsmile: Did you know that of the rack is considerably cheaper than special order? I was so excited that I almost put it as my Facebook status (cooler heads prevailed:laugh: ).

I started in size 18 pants (and those were a bit tight:ohwell: ), XL/XXL shirts and 42 DD.
Ten months later, I am down 40 lbs, in size 10 pants, L shirts (maybe M depending on the cut) and 38 C.

But this doesn't work, don't ya know?:tongue::wink: I am quickly approaching my baby sister's sizes!

Ok, enough about me, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :bigsmile:
  • fabandfitmama
    Options
    You rock Lisa!!!!! Can't wait to read more of your success stories:)
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I love the feeling that comes from buying new clothes and getting that wonderful suprise! Smaller sizes!!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow!! That is fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    That is grand! You have make terrific progress and so glad you are reaping such positive results! Love to hear such success stories; they are SO real. Celebrate and dance around in your underwear!
  • austinusn
    austinusn Posts: 38
    Options
    Wonderful for you Lisa!! Not too girly at all, GREAT to read about your success :D
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Definitely a huge deal! I am so hoping that I go down a size or two when I lose weight and can buy at Target or Walmart instead of putting out $40-$50 (or more) for a bra!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Congrats!!!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    congrats you lucky girl
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the same type of results. The Layne Bryant bras are killing my pocket book. :happy:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! We all love to hear those stories!!!! Congrats, keep up the great work!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    I can not wait until my boobs shrink and I can fit into a smaller bra! CONGRATS!
  • dunderwood
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! I just joined about 5 minutes ago. A friend told me about this today. Do you have any specific food plan or menus that you are following, or how does this work? Your help would be appreciated.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SOOO EXCITING! That is great! Keep it up, you are an inspiration for those of us who just joined!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SOOO EXCITING! That is great! Keep it up, you are an inspiration for those of us who just joined!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! I just joined about 5 minutes ago. A friend told me about this today. Do you have any specific food plan or menus that you are following, or how does this work? Your help would be appreciated.

When I started all I did was record what I was eating. Once I saw how many calories I took in on an "average" day, I was appalled!:noway: My next step was to start controlling portion size. I only ate ONE serving of my Hamburger Helper rather than 2. Of course, that left me hungry, so I ate more veggies (super low cal!) to make up for it. Then as I got good at that, I started cooking less boxed food, and more fresh food. (I am started finding ways to make my favorite recipes healthier.) Then I started switching out my sweets for fruits. (I still eat sweets, just not as often. Mmmmm chocolate:love: )

I still have burgers and fries. I still eat out (for lunch today we went to KFC for their buffet! I only ate 550 calories of stuff and I was FULL!). I still have ice cream, chocolate, etc. Now I just have a single serving rather than a bowl full. (To help with that, I also got smaller bowls:laugh: ) I still don't exercise a whole lot (I could probably drop a few more sizes if I did:wink: ), but I try to walk at least a mile every day, and I'm working on the 200 sit up challenge.

This isn't one of those "lose 15 pounds by next week" type deals. This is learning how to eat healthfully for the rest of your life. I was obsessive about measuring and weighing all my food for the longest time. I still measure/ weigh things when I am at home, but I've started to learn what a serving looks like. I can now get my PB serving correct on the first try (with in 2 or 3 grams), because I eat it frequently. But I still measure it!:laugh:

This doesn't have to be super hard. Actually, IMHO if it feels difficult, you are less likely to stick with it. Take it one step at a time. Once you get used to the first step, then move on to the second, third, etc. Don't try to do it all at once. Doing that will only makes it easier to fail.

Let me know if you have more questions!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

This doesn't have to be super hard. Actually, IMHO if it feels difficult, you are less likely to stick with it. Take it one step at a time. Once you get used to the first step, then move on to the second, third, etc. Don't try to do it all at once. Doing that will only makes it easier to fail.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Amen, sister! (Or should I say niece?) My best KFC guess came out to 467, and I was full, too!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm normally a 38C but have been wearing a D for the last 4 or 5 years because of extra gained weight and I've just recently been able to wear a 36C and it's so exciting!!!!! A couple months ago, I was squeezing into my 38Cs hoping they'd fit and now they're all too big!!

Congratulations, babe. :bigsmile:
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!