Getting Real

Options
As I have said in previous posts, when I first started this "journey to weightloss" I felt very overwhelmed because I was looking at the "big picture" and trying to do it all perfect all at once. One of my friends reminded me that we have to take "baby steps." That is so true. When I finally took a deep breath and tried to do one thing at a time and didn't allow myself to get discouraged because I didn't eat perfect or exercise like I should but instead made a point to do better next time, I made some progress. Another problem I had in the beginning was logging my food. If I ate terrible and knew I was WAY over calories, I didn't log my food that day b/c I didn't want to see the reality of that. A big part of conquering the weight problem is getting real. Just because I don't log the food doesn't mean I didn't eat it. I did and theres nothing you can do to change it once its done. It has only been maybe 3 weeks since I had the converstation with my friend about taking baby steps. Since then I have lived on MFP (myfitnesspal.com). I read the blogs, the newsfeed, friends profiles, etc. If its there, I read it. I have found there is LOTS of encouragement on there and I am NOT alone. Since I've realized I too need to "get real" I have been logging ALL of my food even if it puts me over my calorie allowance. I lost 1.6 pounds this week. My goal was 2lbs per week. Only 0.40 pounds under my goal but the positive side of that is I didn't gain. So far on my "journey to weightloss" I have learned "Baby Steps" and "Get Real." Surround yourself with people who will support you whether it be family, friends, MFP, whatever you need to make it happen. However, don't use other people as a crutch to get something done. Only YOU can make it happen. :wink:

Replies

• lisaosumarie
    Options
    Well said! And congrats on the loss. I too am remembering to take "baby steps". It isn't going to easy. But it is going to be worth it!
  • fabandfitmama
    Options
    You are so right!!!! We have got to get real, and mostly with ourselves 1st. So I say kuddos to you and keep up the great work girlie!
  • mindose
    mindose Posts: 3
    Options
    For sure! I am doing the same thing...logging EVERYTHING (or trying to..kinda hard with the binge I had the other day!) It's been a sobering experience!

Especially with the binge thing...it was such a pain in the butt to try to esitmate how much I ate of the random crap in my house that I decided to eat that day that I couldn't even begin to log it. It made me realize that binging...while obviously bad for me...frustrates my counting.

It's all about making more informed choices. I hope that I won't have to use this site forever, but I have GOT TO BE REAL on it so that I can take off the weight I want and have my own little mental calorie counter going on my own going when I finally leave MyFitnessPal.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! It really, really does start with baby steps, and a weight loss of 1.6 lb per week is Wonderful!! Don't forget that everyone has small stumbles. What I try to keep in mind is the overall weekly totals. I do my check-in on Saturday morning, so, I allow myself to eat pretty much whatever I want on Sautrday night. Which, over the weeks, has changed as my tastes have changed. "Eating what I want" is starting to look a lot like what I eat every other night of the week! Keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm probably going to drive everyone nuts with all these blogs but blogging is another thing that helps me stay motivated. Have a good Monday everyone! Night. :smile: