Breakfast quick and easy

Options
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the site and I'm really trying. My problem is I have to work always before 7 am every morning, and I know eating breakfast is usually a healthy way to kick off the day. I don't have time to make the toast and stuff, I'm usually running late as is. Any advice?

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I also leave for work early.... my breakfast most work days is:
    1. a piece of fruit (usually an apple, but in the summer I switch it up a lot because there's so many good ones!)
    2. a low fat string cheese (sometimes I'll take a nonfat yogurt instead if I know I'll have time to eat it at my desk later)
    3. a Kashi bar or South Beach Protein Fit bar (Kashi TLC cherry dark chocolate and South Beach cinnamon raisin are my faves)

Also - can't live without my coffee!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    My go too fast & easy breakfast is an Light Activia yogurt topped with walnuts!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have to be AT work at 5 AM, so I know all about "early".

Even though I live 5 minutes away, and most people wouldn't get up till about 4:15 or 4:30, I set my alarm for 3:30 every morning.
    Yes, I go to bed around 8, and I don't get to do much at night, but I feel awesome getting to work feeling wide awake instead of dragging myself in.

I pack my boyfriend's lunch for work, I chop fruits and veggies and pack healthy stuff for MY lunch at work, AND cook and eat breakfast (oatmeal and fruit, or yogurt and a bagel with jam, or even egg whites and turkey bacon with toast)

I sit here and log all my breakfast and my work snacks while eating, read the discussion board, and have my "me time" for a half an hour.
    I know it might not be for everyone, but as a "morning person", this routine is what gets me through the day...
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I second fruit and cheese as a good breakfast. I usually do 2% cheddar... I buy the 8 oz block and cut it into 1 oz. pieces and just grab one with a piece of fruit.

Apple or banana and peanut butter (measure out the peanut butter in a small bowl you can grab and go)

Smoothie -- have the blender out and ready to go and then you just have to dump in some yogurt and fruit and blend for a few seconds.

Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat... and an apple.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I do slim fast and put a banana in it. I use the powdered kind it taste better than the canned.
  • DanceCrazy88
    Options
    Everyone has given me so many ideas, Thank you! I can now try different things in the mornings, it is very much appreciated!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have the Thomas' bagel things at home first thing when I awake up, but I pack my "breakfast" snack for when I get to work along with my lunch--which is 2 hard boiled eggs. Spreading breakfast out a bit helps me make it better through the day without cravings (and without a lot of time in the AM).
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just a thought- depending on how things are at work, could you leave a package of english muffins and a jar of peanut butter at work? Neither require refrigeration, and you could have it without toasting the english muffin if you don't have access to a toaster. I'm gluten intolerant, so I can't have english muffins, so I have plain rice cakes with peanut butter every morning- they're my favorite!!

You could also leave oatmeal packets (and maybe some chopped walnuts) at work too- no refrigeration, and if you have access to hot water (even just in the microwave) it's a quick, easy, healthy breakfast.