Woohoo!! 10 week progress!

Options
merraina
merraina Posts: 30 Member
I don't even know where to start! This has been such an experience, a growth!

Yesterday I celebrated my 70 days here on MFP and 70 days of the start of my new life!

I will tell you that it has not been easy. However, the thing that has surprised me the most is that the 'hard' parts have been all mental! Doing the actual exercising and eating well has been easy compared to the mental battle! I have been dealing with the notion of giving up because it just isn't going fast enough and I am not making any progress. THEN I hit 70 days, 10 weeks and I realized that I have lost 22 lbs. That is a little more than 2 lbs a week. That is exactly what my goal was! I DID IT! I have been reaching my goals! Holy Smokes! Despite the battle in my head, I kept up with my healty eating and exercising and I have been doing it! I can't even begin to describe how awesome this feels! I am no where near where I want to be but I am closer than I was 10 weeks ago and that is AWESOME!!

Here are my progress pictures. I will tell you that this is nerve racking to post but I come here EVERY SINGLE DAY to read success stories to keep me going. If I can do the same for just one person, then this is all worth it!

Before pics: My weight on 1/1/13 was 229.8 lbs. These pics were taken between September and December of 2012.
14d893e6-0c95-4a02-994a-be0b4bd934d1_zpsebdbc1a9.jpg
89f1766c-b208-421e-aff7-2462c4183ccd_zps7a4e2698.jpg
5598d3d7-4c51-444e-9d64-15c701ff880a_zpsd12b1b99.jpg

This is me this morning at 207.8!!!
Merrainaspics034_zps7090776b.jpg
Merrainaspics033_zps53541fa9.jpg

(I really hope these pics come out right!!!)

I am still on the path to this new life and I am LOVING every single second of it!!!

Good luck and congratulations to all of you who have started your new life journey!!

Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• karriechambers
    karriechambers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wow, great job, keep up the journey!
  • lolinj
    lolinj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are looking great and I am sure feeling great.
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference already. Looking good!!!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! you look so much better. Now mentally imagine another 20 lbs off, set your target and go for it.
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing progress!
  • msprettycutie
    Options
    You look amazing! What a change. You definitely inspired me, I need to get my butt in gear.
  • MrUrsula
    MrUrsula Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great and I'm encouraged by your progress!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! Big changes in a short time! Thanks for sharing!
  • SarahElizabeth1981
    SarahElizabeth1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You can really see a big change! I agree that the mental part is the worst of it!
  • leek1982
    leek1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It's seems as if 20-22lbs wouldn't make any difference, but it really does! I too am on my journey to a healthier me. Kudos to you!!!!! Keep it up :drinker: :drinker:
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!! Like you reading the Success Stories keeps me going everyday. I love looking at the pictures they are such an inspiration to me.
  • Tamar65
    Tamar65 Posts: 12
    Options
    U have done a remarkable job & U look great.. I am so feeling the mental block. I do that myself, but it is so worth it when U don't give up & the results showup down the road. Keep up the good work. :happy:
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    You are amazing! That mental battle will always be there, but you have been winning. Your dedication and hard work have yielded some awesome results. Thank you for sharing your "story so far" and I'm excited to be along for the rest of the journey!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look great and these pictures are VERY motivating!!
  • lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    Well done you!! You look amazing and are obviously working hard!!

I heard a quote the other day and I love using it.... 'People often give up because of how far they still have to go, instead of forging forward and looking at how far they've actually come'!! Good on you!!

I'm the same, it was so hard at the start and its all mental, like you said the excersize and eating is easy compared to the mental challenge. But once you see that weight coming off, it feels absolutely amazing!!!!

Keep going hun, you'll be there in no time!! :) x
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • merraina
    merraina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the support!!! I took the current pictures this morning in the bathroom at work. I went to wash my hands and gasped at how much thinner I looked. I immediately grabbed my phone and took the pics!!
  • foremaar012
    Options
    you look fabulous! way to go dear!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference!! Keep up the good work!! You're looking great!!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so small. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!