Fishing Trip Help

Options
So I'm going on an annual 4 day fishing trip in May and I need some help finding good snacks/food ideas while on the boat. By the time this trip happens I would hopefully have lost 35lbs since January.

This trip will have a TON of beer drinking, so I'm obviously screwed in that department, but I want to at least make good decisions with snacks, breakfast and lunches.

Dinner is probably whatever meat is cooked up that night and more beer, no real choice in the matter, after all it is a fish camp.

So far I've come up with almonds and banana chips.

Also, I wonder how many calories I've burned fishing for 10 hours in the sun.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
    sunflower seeds
    cheese sticks
    apples
  • domin8orx
    domin8orx Posts: 25
    Options
    beef jerky
    sunflower seeds
    cheese sticks
    apples

Great ideas! Thanks!

Totally forgot about beef jerky.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    This trip will have a TON of beer drinking, so I'm obviously screwed in that department, but I want to at least make good decisions with snacks, breakfast and lunches.

Dinner is probably whatever meat is cooked up that night and more beer, no real choice in the matter, after all it is a fish camp.

Did you say meat? I assume you wanted to say fish! Eat a lot of grilled fish for dinner. Along with beer drink a lot of water as well. Eat fruits for breakfast. I would not think that banana chips and almonds are low calorie items. Apples, tangerines, oranges are a good idea. Baby carrots, granola bars like the natural valley trail mix for dessert.
  • domin8orx
    Options

Did you say meat? I assume you wanted to say fish! Eat a lot of grilled fish for dinner. Along with beer drink a lot of water as well. Eat fruits for breakfast. I would not think that banana chips and almonds are low calorie items. Apples, tangerines, oranges are a good idea. Baby carrots, granola bars like the natural valley trail mix for dessert.

You would think we eat a lot of fish, but the fish camp we are at they clean/package all of our fish and our group (100 people) pool it all together and split it up evenly at the end of the trip. We do burgers/hot dogs/steak because its easier to cook when you are slighty drunk and exhausted from 10 hours of fishing. I'm up at 5 am so I'm in bed by 8pm from pure exhaustion.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    When we go camping/fishing I pack a huge tupperware container full of carrots, broccoli, celery, mushrooms and tomatoes with another container of ranch dressing. It lasts a few days.

Also, chicken for the barbeque, chicken burgers with whole wheat buns, popcorn, pretzels, apples, watermelon, other fruit..
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    but more importantly have fun
  • domin8orx
    Options
    but more importantly have fun

I will, thanks!