Is this okay... ?

Options
So I am trying to vary my workout routine and this is what I have come up with. I have very limited equipement & can not join a gym at the moment so please don't suggest adding heavy lifting, I am planning on joining a gym around mayish but for the mean time:

& this is in no particular order:
1) hour run
2) hour run
3) 30min HIIT on treadmill
4) 30min incline work on treadmill
5) JM no more trouble zones dvd
6) JM no more trouble zones dvd
7) yoga

Is this well rounded enough for now?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You might want to have one day of complete rest - to help your body recover. Any micro-tears of muscle or whatever could gradually worsen without a full day to heal. Maybe take out one of the JM or hour runs?

Looks good. I think the key will be to find a way to make small adjustments to keep pushing yourself (keep track of your treadmill speed and incline, and adjust it every 2 to 3 workouts, maybe?)

You mentioned no heavy lifting, but there are some decent body-weight interval-type workout programs (to match up with your HIIT treadmill) that you can probably find online.

I applaud your commitment. Great effort there!
  • roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That "No More Trouble Zones" DVD is TOUGH! I definitely recommend taking a full day to rest after one of her circuit workouts. She really pushes you in that DVD and you will need the rest.

If you're not ready for a full day of rest or get the itch to move, incorporate a nice, leisurely walk. You'll still be burning calories and stretching your muscles without the strain of pushing too hard.

I would HIGHLY recommend a day of rest after Jillian's DVD.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You mentioned no heavy lifting, but there are some decent body-weight interval-type workout programs (to match up with your HIIT treadmill) that you can probably find online.

Yup.

I also would second the "full day of rest" as mentioned above as well.

Milk jugs full of water. Buckets full of sand. Rocks. Heavy things are all over the place. It doesn't have to be gym equipment to be heavy or to be picked up.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    and make sure you're not putting your running days back to back
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Looks good if you have no equipment. I would add sit-ups,push-ups, air squats, burpees, walking lunges, other body weight movements, etc. I do say one day of rest, but that being said, trust your body. It will let you know when it needs a break.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So I am trying to vary my workout routine and this is what I have come up with. I have very limited equipement & can not join a gym at the moment so please don't suggest adding heavy lifting, I am planning on joining a gym around mayish but for the mean time:

& this is in no particular order:
    1) hour run
    2) hour run
    3) 30min HIIT on treadmill
    4) 30min incline work on treadmill
    5) JM no more trouble zones dvd
    6) JM no more trouble zones dvd
    7) yoga

Is this well rounded enough for now?

Are the numbers days of the week?

If so, I'd suggest you replace 3 of the days with at-home strength training (Convict Conditioning) and replace one of the days with "lounging around resting all day."
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Have a rest day. It will be obvious why if you begin a lifting program of any kind. I recommend Nerd Fitness until you can join a gym. I started with that and it is awesome for building strength with little equipment. You can google it!