Tight sore Calves during workout

Options
So i've been working out a few times a week with some friends to try and lose 85 lbs. I've noticed i have more stamina now compaired to the beginning and i've lost 20 lbs. But during these workout my cavles tighten and start to hurt causing me to take frequent breaks throughout. We've been doing Dr.Oz insanity workout which is amazing! but i have to take breaks throughout because my calves hurt not because i'm tired.. I dont like doing that because i know i can do it all the way, we also do 1/2 hr of toning and yoga to strech out the mussles in our legs afterwards so its not like we're not doing a cool down or streaches. What can you recomened to help this?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any stretching/warming up BEFORE you start? Also, could be shoe related, but I wouldn't say that's my final answer.
  • ShellBurns17
    Options
    Are you doing any stretching/warming up BEFORE you start? Also, could be shoe related, but I wouldn't say that's my final answer.

I totally agree warming up and cooling muscles down proper is a huge key in cutting down soreness
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    More protein will make your muscles less sore. Maybe having a protein shake after you work out. Make sure you stretch really well before hand and good shoes helps lots.
  • katierik
    katierik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was having calf pain, and under advice from a forum started foam rolling them. If you're already stretching and your shoes aren't the problem, foam rolling may help.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Is it pain from injury, or is it lactate acid build up? (or 'The burn')