New rules of lifting for women

Options
I feel pretty good about this fitness thing and I've been losing weight steadily. I've read lots about this book so mine is coming from Amazon today! Any tips, threads you could point me to? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yay! Just started a few weeks ago and I love it. I lurk on the above mentioned group which has answered all my questions so far. Good luck and have fun!
  • Eryan0406
    Eryan0406 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for asking that & thanks RunDoozer for replying. I got my copy on my Kindle last nite & I was overwhelmed. I did the first work out though but it looks like I need to buy a bar for squats. I'm wondering if I did something worng because it seemed easy. SO glad there is a group & I already downloaded the log sheets, mine was a hot mess!! haha Good luck C_faulkenburg ! Looks like we're starting at the same time, maybe we can help eachother out :happy:
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you can find the workouts on JEFIT.Com and download them to your phone.... it may take a little digging, but they are in there.
    The secret to total success is eating clean.
    I lost 30 lbs doing NROLFW.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    You can also join the group on here! I'm currently doing stage 6
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start a few weeks ago, but fell on a run and banged myself up bad enough I have to wait another week or so before I can workout again. It looks like its going to be fun though. Can't wait to start.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I have this book and am currently doing the workouts with slight modifications due to my gym's lack of equipment but I have seen results in the 2 months since I started. The scale is all over the place, so I try not count on it. The tape measure doesn't SEEM to be moving much BUT I definitely can see changes in what I look like in the mirror and how my clothes fit. My muscles feel harder and tighter. This morning I was able to wrap a standard bath towel around my body and have it actually reach, which is confusing considering the tape measure results. That hasn't happens in years, I always used extra large towels. Anyway, I'm very happy with it. Even if you choose not to do the workouts, the nutrition section of the book is very enlightening. Worth the read.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one more thing: get your measurements before you start! I was looking at the scale too much for signs of progress and that number might be up and down for a while. So to avoid feeling discouraged I'm paying more attention to inches lost than pounds.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    you also might want to look into "female body breakthrough" by Rachel Cosgrove. her husband/business partner Alwyn is the co-author of NROLFW. i purchased it for my wife a year ago and she loves it.