One step at a time I will get there

Options
Hi my name is Catarina i'm 27 and from Toronto. As a child I was always on the
chunky side and constantly teased about it at school. It wasn't because I was a couch
potato, I did a lot of physical activities I was like a tomboy. When I get puberty I lost a
lot weight and was ok with myself i weighed 160 lbs (i'm 5'5). I was very active playing
sports and I walked or cycled every where. I met my now hubby got lazy and stopped
caring for myself and on March 1, 2013 weighed 313lbs. I'm tired of yoyo dieting, I seem
to lose more than average weight but when I stop dieting it just comes back really fast.
I just wanna be healthy, eat clean and I'm ok if I don't get to 160 lbs I just wanna fit into
regular size clothes and be out of the 200s.

Replies

• Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    We are all here for the same reason...feel free to add me if you would like. I try to look at it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I don't deny myself of anything that I want...I limit my portions of it...I have a co-worker who does extreme dieting, loses lots of weight very quickly and then gains it all back plus more...we can do this... :)
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! We are here to support and motivate you, Catarina!! :happy:
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm here for the same reason too too Catarina. My first goal is to get to 199 by exercise and portion control. Portion control after 6 pm is my thorn! My name is Kifissia and I'm 45 years old. Have been overweight since I was 25. You're right Momf3boys, we can do this!
  • Greenlola
    Greenlola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    One step at a time says it all, we will get there and we should totally celebrate when we to to 199 :) wonderland
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey, back in 2009 I was a nearly 350lb man in his 30s starring down the barrel of a gun. I am currently 204 and looking forward to a weight starting in the 100s pretty soon. My weight loss has been a gradual journey, with lots of tweaks along the way, but it has always been a forward journey.
    So basically what I am saying is it is absolutely 100% possible, just realize it isn't about doing something to get thin, but changing yourself for the better for the rest of your life.
  • anniesmiles_123
    Options
    So encouraging to see all these posts. I just loggged in to read the boards for the first time and can't wait to start logging in regularly
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    One step at a time! You will get there. I have hit a plateau, too, but will not give up reaching my goal. I've had some ups and downs, and my MFP's have been a great help with their support and encouragement. Add me if you'd like. We are all in this together!