Work outs at home

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
Hi I am looking for ideas for work out's at home.... Would like something that is Quick to do, Enjoyable and really burns fat and makes me feel like i have worked out.

Many thanks

Replies

• Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have the insanity program and i love it! It definitely burns the calories and each workout is about 40 minutes (atleast what i've done so far). There is also jillian Michaels 30 day shred which i haven't done but i know lots of people have had success. Or you can find workout videos on youtube that range from 15 minutes to 60 minutes, but once again I haven't done these either...

Hope this helps!!

P.S. feel free to add me as a friend if you want some motivation and support!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Look at the BeFit channel on YouTube for their abs & buttlift programs different cardio workouts. The AMRAP, HIIT and Tabata ones are all really good. There's some good cardio in their BeFit in 90 program, too. I also like Pop Pilates, and shehas some HIIT workouts. I've read good things about Fitness Blender, too.

You can also creat your own circuit/interval/HIIT program by combining exercises like burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, squats, jump squats, lunges, etc.

I workout at home. I lift (Madcow's 5x5, compound lifts only, no accessory work) 3 days a week. I usually do an HIIT workout after, and some pilates or yoga if I have time. I run 3 days a week (sometimes 4, the last being a light, short run), and do a core workout and some pilates or yoga after as well.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred It is a killer workout with minimal equipment, just a pair of dumbbells. It's only like $10 at the store or you can find it on YouTube. There are 3 levels and each level takes about 20 minutes.
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat, Les Mills Pump, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, JM Shred it w/weights.......all great stuff!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender and Be Your Own Gym.

I use my Wii games for a big part f my fitness routine. EA Active, with resistance tubes instead of the included band, is particularly kicking my *kitten*.
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is good and Amy Dixon's Breathless Body Tabata DVD...
  • katie1286
    katie1286 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30DS and I loved it.

I consider myself to be FAIRLY in shape, but holy cow those were tough! 20 minute workout (25 including warmup and cooldown) and I definitely felt it.

Good luck! Hope you find something you enjoy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How fit are you now? I'm currently doing Turbo Fire and LOVE it. I'm just over halfway through and so glad I was encouraged to take before pics, because I can see a difference already and I still have 9 weeks to go. I haven't lost any weight because I eat at maintenance but just the shape and tone of my body has changed.

ETA: If you follow the Turbo Fire schedule it's not quick though. As it progresses some of the workouts include 2 DVDs and are over an hour. But the individual workouts range from 15 - 60 min so you could set your own schedule.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Convict conditioning!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to suggest 30 day shred. 20 minutes of circuit training with a few minutes of warm-up and cool-down. For 20 minutes it's pretty intense and people have gotten great results with it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Get the Fighting Fit app on your phone. Lots of good strength training workouts on there and good workout tips on there too.