Does green tea actually work

Im off and on this site all the time as my weight is up and down i get to the smallest ive ever been be happy and then i end up at 100kg from being at university and working at pizza hut (them pizzas are amazing). I have recently changed my diet and i headrd 4 cups of green tea a day can help my weightloss and help keep it off is this true?

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Im off and on this site all the time as my weight is up and down i get to the smallest ive ever been be happy and then i end up at 100kg from being at university and working at pizza hut (them pizzas are amazing). I have recently changed my diet and i headrd 4 cups of green tea a day can help my weightloss and help keep it off is this true?

which do you think will help you reach your goals better? drinking green tea or ditching the pizza?
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    bump
  • adampants
    adampants Posts: 13
    Ive ditched the pizza big time my issue isnt loosing the weight i keep on it untill i loose the weight its keeping off it thats the problem besides i really like green tea but if theres health benefits i may as well swap it for my normal tea that i drink.
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    I drink green tea because I like it and it has overall health benefits. I have never noticed any impact on weight loss either way if I drink some, none or lots.
    I think it does have some very minor impact on metabolism, and drinking it may well stop you grabbing a snack instead, and obviously if it is instead of a calorie filled drink that is going to matter. So it may help some people in some situations, but I wouldn't pin any great hopes on it.
    But you should drink some anyway.
  • adampants
    adampants Posts: 13
    Thanks, i do really enjoy it compared to juices and so on and i know it contains a lot of antioxidants but ive heard a lot of people exercise twice a week and drink 4 cups of it a day and it does wonders for them, i guess if your body has everything it needs to work out and be healthy sheding the pounds will be 10x easier.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Ive ditched the pizza big time my issue isnt loosing the weight i keep on it untill i loose the weight its keeping off it thats the problem besides i really like green tea but if theres health benefits i may as well swap it for my normal tea that i drink.

once you lose it, you can't go back to your old habits. you have to adopt a new lifestyle - that's simply all there is to it. otherwise you'll go up and down and up and down until you're sick of it and you give up all together.

but yeah man, green tea is great stuff. good luck :)