Favourite sides at Nandos?

Options
TavistockToad
TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
I'm off to nandos for tea, and am going to have the butterfly chicken breast (yummy protein goodness), but i am not sure which sides to have?

My usual is chips and coleslaw, but i dont have the calories for that today, and i dont really want to spend good money on 25 calories of leaf and cucumber by getting the side salad!!!

so my question to you pals, which is your favourite side?!

Replies

• khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love nandos! I love chips and rice with mine with lots of sauce! All their food is so nice lol if it was me going I'd have my usual and take it a a treat or maybe work some of it off afterwards and drink lots of water enjoy your meal! X
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    sweet corn :) ..(without the butter of course )
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    Spicy rice and salad!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Nando's. I don't go nearly enough, and have 2 in the city I work in (but they are far away.)

I always get the fries. They are horribly good.

And the xxxxxxxxtra hot sauce covering everything.
  • susiemoo69
    susiemoo69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sweet potato mash is great for you :)
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I use to have peri chips and creamy mash <3
    Though as that is just a complete potato overload, I would now pick corn on the cob over the chips :)

I will never ever not order creamy mash, it is the most delicious thing in the universe ^_^
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato mash. Could always just half or what ever you fancy though! X
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I absolutely love nandos! I love chips and rice with mine with lots of sauce! All their food is so nice lol if it was me going I'd have my usual and take it a a treat or maybe work some of it off afterwards and drink lots of water enjoy your meal! X

i like the rice! and the garlic bread is delicious too....!!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    sweet potato mash is great for you :)

i have never tried the sweet potato mash, but i might have to!!!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Go for it! And enjoy yourself one evening won't hinder your progress enjoy your food and get back to eating well after, its not like your going to eat it everyday or not have it ever! I want nandos now aswell lol :) x
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Guessing what you call call chips, I call fries?

I don't remember my local ones having sweet potato though. I need to go back.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Guessing what you call call chips, I call fries?

I don't remember my local ones having sweet potato though. I need to go back.

yes indeedy!

maybe you have a slightly different menu on your side of the pond?!
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i know it's not technically a "side" but I looooove their halloumi cheese and have it as a side om nomm
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    as a bit of a nandos nerd if you have butterfly you automatically get two reg sides or one fino, i always go for one fino and get sweet potato mash so I dont end up eating twice as much! Well unless I'm not in a calorie counting mood haha :)
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Just looked it up, yes, we have Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes.

Shame, (they are still amazing) but Sweet Potatoes sound even more wonderful. Sigh.

(http://www.nandosperiperi.com/pdf/nandosusa_main_menu.pdf)

I love the hummus with peri-peri drizzle as well. I wish I could buy large containers of just the drizzle.
  • CharlotteLucy22
    Options
    I always have either chips and corn or the ratatouille depending on what my calories look like for the day :)