Danger Zone: Going to visit Mom and Dad

Options
I'm heading out of town to stay with my parents for a few days. That's my danger zone. My mom always has lots of high-calorie food around, and she cooks like only mom can cook! She will say, "good morning cutie - would you like me to make you some bacon and eggs and toast?" I love the taste of my mom's food and I love that she cares to make it for me. I just don't love the huge amount of calories coming my way every time I visit.

This weekend - I'm going back to the Danger Zone - wish me luck!

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    good luck! My mom is a feeder. She can't help it! Not a single one of my friends has every left our house without eating something. I've been able to get my mom to the point to where she'll buy a few things for me as filler. I'll eat a smaller portion of what she's made and fill up on veggies.

I only get to visit my mom maybe twice a year so I get steak and eggs for breakfast!
  • Splinter24
    Splinter24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I go home every 2 or 3 weeks. My sister and her family eat garbage. Constantly. Im just going to leave a little late so I miss supper and will just stop at Booster juice on my way. On Saturday, my niece and I are shopping, so I'll decide where we eat. (When you're 5, you just dont get to decide! :laugh: ) It supper and all day Sunday that I'm worried about. Guess I'll just have to "make myself at home"!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK is all I can say! My mom is the opposite..total health nut! LOL!

Stay strong!