FitBit

Options
AnR28
AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
Anyone tried FitBit? I'm dying to get the new Flex band, in Teal!! Doesn't come out until Spring of this year (kind of vague), but it has so many awesome features that I've been wanting to track all in one device! If you have a FitBit device (scale, tracker, etc.), let me know if you like it/don't and why- thanks!

Replies

• TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like mine as a supplemental tool. It won't replace MFP but it adds a few things to track to help me keep motivated. I find that some of the metrics are a bit off, but I really like the flower (not sure if Flex will have that), the step counter, the stair counter, and the sleep information.

I've been wondering if the Aria scale is any good. My current scale is pretty inaccurate - by that I mean it varies by 3-4 lbs depending on where I stand and how my weight is distributed when standing.
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My fitbit one is in the mail :) Flex seemed cool too but I like the idea of just hooking mine to my clothes so I don't always have to wear a bracelet. There is an entire fitbit users group with like a thousand members on here is you want any more info!!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My fitbit one is in the mail :) Flex seemed cool too but I like the idea of just hooking mine to my clothes so I don't always have to wear a bracelet. There is an entire fitbit users group with like a thousand members on here is you want any more info!!

I'm looking forward to hearing your reaction once you have it. I personally would prefer a wrist-band. The One comes with one but it's pretty bulky and I'm not sure if the One is made to work with one during the day (it's for sleep tracking). I don't like hooking it to my belt or shirt or other places. I find it annoying to read when it's like that and it seems to come out easily. It's especially hard to read because they say to face it inside for security reasons. I am guessing (don't know for sure) that attaching it to a bra would be better, but I am not a woman / don't wear a bra so I can't say for sure. So far the best spot for me has been my pocket, but it flies out when I'm doing floor work during boot camp sometimes. And there have been a couple of close calls where I dropped it or almost laundered it.
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Haha, I definitely think I have an advantage with hooking it to my bra. I have heard a lot of people who have laundered theirs, but I don't do laundry very often so hopefully i'll notice it's gone before then!? I am pretty sure the wrist band is for sleep only. I was kind of assuming I would never actually read what it says on the actually device, but would just pull up the app during the day if I really felt the need to see how much I have done. But I guess I will know soon!!!!