exercise @ home

Options
Hi all,

Anyone know of any good exercise dvds as I dnt have the confidence to walk into a gym .. I do have a few to get me started but get bored easy (hope the ones I do have come up as it will motivate me and make me glad I chose them)

So yeah... if you have had good results or just wanna rave on about a fab one... I'm all ears ;)

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do the Walk Away the Pounds series. They have different ones for different fitness levels. They range from 1-5 miles, at least the last one I brought was 5 miles. You can break down the miles too, if you don't have time to do 2-3, etc. miles, just do one. You get a great work out. What I love about those, it's a total body work out whether you buy a dvd that come with a toning band or chord. You burn lots of calories to boot.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The ones I am using regularly right now are TaeBo Classic and TaeBo Power, Janis Saffel's Strike Zone (Kickboxing), Kelley Coffey-Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness Split, Circuit Burn and Muscle Definintion, Denise Austin's Sculpt and Burn Body Blitz and a couple of Leslie Sansone's WATP Series: Walk/jog, 3-mile Walk (using 5lb weights) and 5 Really Big Miles.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

I tried her Yoga Meltdown this morning and it was all right. I'm used to Cardio so it was a great change of pace.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender and Be Fit on Youtube. They are free and you'll never get bored, because there are tons of different workouts to try. Good luck!
  • sarahgip
    sarahgip Posts: 30
    Options
    i use the biggest loser dvds.... i love it
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You'll find that many people here use Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (and I'm no exception). I also bust out the original Power 90 (the pre-cursor to P90X) from time to time, and I still love it.
  • CeCe_711
    CeCe_711 Posts: 35
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender and Be Fit on Youtube. They are free and you'll never get bored, because there are tons of different workouts to try. Good luck!

I have to agree. Youtube is the way to go. I love Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout on there.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    If you want a complete system, there's tons to try, including P90X, Insanit, and TapouT XT.
  • tlvasa
    tlvasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Instead of buying, you can go on Youtube and there are all sorts out there. I use the ones labeled The Fitness Blender.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com are websites that sell exercise videos. You can view clips & read reviews.

These sites are a great place to do some window shopping before committing. The reviews tell you if any equipment is required, if it's high impact, ect.

I second Leslie Sansone Walk at Home .... these are low impact aerobics .... the term "walking" refers to no choreography. Easy to just get you moving.

Kelly Coffey Meyer is wonderfully motivating (I use her for strength training) .... she has a series of DVDs called 30 Minutes to Fitness ..... kickboxing, weights, bootcamp, step aerobics ... anything you're looking for really
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I do Ultimate Sandbag workouts. They have a youtube channel. Once you get the gist of it though you can put together your own pretty easily.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism dvds. I also do strength training. Like someone else said, Youtube is great place to start. I like the Bodyrocktv channel and Sparkspeople channel.
  • WatchMeSoar
    WatchMeSoar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not try Dr Oz Be sure to check out Tony Horton's video he did for the show, I love it. :glasses:
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
    Jillian Michael's Ripped In 30
    Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed & Shred
    Jillian Michael's Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism

Bob Harper's Inside Out Method DVD's
    Bob Harper's Beginner’s Weight Loss Transformation
    Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body
    Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels
    Bob Harper
    Davina McCall

Blogilates.com
    fitmessblender.com
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Body Revolution seems good! I'm on week 2. It's 6 days a week with 3 different workouts per week, so good variety. Every 2 weeks, your workouts change. None of them is more than about 36 minutes.
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    Instead of buying, you can go on Youtube and there are all sorts out there. I use the ones labeled The Fitness Blender.

There are TONS online - bodyrocktv.com; bodybuilder.com... I have friends who swear by Zuzanna from bodyrocktv.com. She is amazing! www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jillians Michaels all the way! I did 30 day shred and lost 10lbs and inches :) I also love her 'No more trouble zones' DVD. I can burn 350 cals in 50 mins and I can definitely see if changing my body shape. Plus, she really motivates me and manages to keep me going when I wanna give up! You can't go wrong with Jillian.

Tae Bo is also great for toning but I don't find it burns that many cals. Maybe becuase I do his abs and glutes DVD rather than full on boxercise.

Good luck!
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Women's Health- Look Better Naked DVD

I did it for 2-3 months and looked GREAT.

Also a great free workout website is
    www.dailyhiit.com

it's a high intensity interval training workout