Time Management?!

CerysW
CerysW Posts: 6
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
How do I manage training & eating at reasonable times?!

I finish work at 6pm, go straight to the gym for 6:30/6:45pm, train for around an hour, then drive home. By the time I get home it's usually around 8pm or later, then I have to get showered & changed & start making dinner.
By the time I have done that i'ts at least 9pm before I even get to sit down to eat my dinner, sometimes even later.

I know I shouldn't eat late, but because of my working hours every day is like this.
I have been hitting the gym hard & watching what I eat really closely for the past two years, & even though I have been busting my gutts out at the gym 4/5 times a week (& additional times on my lunchbreak every friday) I haven't lost any weight, or body fat infact. I find it unbelieveable due to the amount of effort I put in (I have been a gym bunny for years now & have never struggled like this), So it must be something to do with the diet side of things; I don't really eat lots of 'bad' food, therefore I feel it may have something to with eating late every night??

I'm sure many of you have the same problem too... but how can I get around it?? I know I can't just not eat anything...it's not healthy since I wouldn't have eaten since early on in the day (plus I would be starving by then!) so I just don't know how to get around it!?

Any suggestions?? xxx

Replies

• JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    How do I manage training & eating at reasonable times?!

I finish work at 6pm, go straight to the gym for 6:30/6:45pm, train for around an hour, then drive home. By the time I get home it's usually around 8pm or later, then I have to get showered & changed & start making dinner.
    By the time I have done that i'ts at least 9pm before I even get to sit down to eat my dinner, sometimes even later.

I know I shouldn't eat late, but because of my working hours every day is like this.
    I have been hitting the gym hard & watching what I eat really closely for the past two years, & even though I have been busting my gutts out at the gym 4/5 times a week (& additional times on my lunchbreak every friday) I haven't lost any weight, or body fat infact. I find it unbelieveable due to the amount of effort I put in (I have been a gym bunny for years now & have never struggled like this), So it must be something to do with the diet side of things; I don't really eat lots of 'bad' food, therefore I feel it may have something to with eating late every night??

I'm sure many of you have the same problem too... but how can I get around it?? I know I can't just not eat anything...it's not healthy since I wouldn't have eaten since early on in the day (plus I would be starving by then!) so I just don't know how to get around it!?

Any suggestions?? xxx

I am not no professional by any means but may I ask what it is your eating that late in the evening? Its been a long time since I have been in the work world but do remember when I was and was trying to keep my weight down or lose weight I would not eat any carbs in the late evening.I would eat all my carbs during the day and just eat fruits, veggies and my protein in the evenings and it always worked for me so jmho you may want to try that...Sounds like you have a very busy life style and you work out enough. Also don't let that scale fool you..I have many times weighed in and found no loss or a gain but when I took my measurement found lots of inches gone..

Hope I was able to help but as I said I am no professional...
    Hugz
    Giz:smile:
  • If it helps, I go through the same type of hectic schedule during the week. I have found that if I take a snack with me to work, like a piece of fruit and some almonds or if I increase my lunch portions, I am able to make it through my workout, and then have another light snack afterwards. Then, I am go to go until the next morning.

The other comment is right, in my opinion. Stay away from carbs in the evening, and you might notice a difference!
This discussion has been closed.