Powdered protein? What to do with it...

Options
I have has powdered protein before, mainly using it in smoothies however I generally dont have a smoothie everyday. Just mixing it with water is to grainy for me. How else can i use it or 'hide' it in my food?

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I put it in yogurt, pancake batter, hot chocolate. You could even put it in your cake batter, I haven't personally tried it but I have heard of that being done.

I have a new pancake recipe to try (probably already know I am a pumpkin pie lover), 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder, 3 tbsp canned pumpkin (not the canned pie filling), 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I use McCormick) add it to enough pancake batter to make 2 4 inch pancakes and top with nutriwhip (is a bit better than real whip cream or canned/packaged whip cream but has aspartame) and the lightest dash of cinnamon.

You can be pretty inventive once you figure out all the things you can put it into :)
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Protein muffins, put it in your oatmeal, yoghurt, pancake... pretty much anything :smile:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    oatmeal.

call it proatmeal.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon, only p****** cut that s*** with water or anything else.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If it is unflavored, you can pretty much put it in any food to "hide" it.

I use vanilla flavored, so it is only good in things that would taste good being "sweeter." For example, pancake mix, yogurt, hot chocolate, smoothies, just water is good to me....
  • keevin33
    keevin33 Posts: 4
    Options
    snort it
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    First, I think it's worth spending extra money to get high-quality protein powders. I really like Vega One and Tera's Whey (this second one needs a stevia packet with it) from Whole Foods. I mix either with 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. To me, it's like a milkshake for breakfast.