Running NSV

Options
I recently started a couch25K programme and I'm currently on week 3. The first week I struggled to run for a minute without feeling like I might die, in fact, I even found the brisk recovery walks in between the runs to be a challenge.

Today I ran for 3 minutes without stopping and I felt like I could have done more =)

Replies

• kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up, you are doing great!
  • samairon
    samairon Posts: 46
    Options
    That's wonderful!!
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    Yay! Congrats
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Keep it up!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment! I'm only on week one, and am hoping my legs will allow me to stick with it to get to week 3!
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    I just hit the three week mark! I love it. I'm slow but I run everyday( most of the time twice a day).
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Go you! That is awesome!
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Yea !!! Keep up the good work.
  • Mcsteffi
    Mcsteffi Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on week 1 day 2..... my lungs and legs HURT!! lol
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    Great going! Keep up the consistency and it just gets more fun. I can't say easier because I can have a day where I want to die in the beginning...just keep pushing through that
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is such great motivation! I'm on week 1 day 3 and it hurts so bad :) Good Job!
  • gymboreejunkie
    gymboreejunkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What I love about C25K is that just when you think there's no way you'll be able to run "X" without stopping, you do! I completed C25K last summer. My son had football practice 3 days a week so those were the nights I ran around the football field. I even ran in the rain... LOL

I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving... didn't stop and felt like I could have run 2 more miles.

C25K builds up your endurance which is why they have you start out so slow and build up how long you run and walk. Don't worry about speed; work on endurance and form... speed will follow.

If you haven't done so already, sign yourself up for a 5k this summer. It helps keep in perspective why you're putting all this effort into something if you have a goal.

Keep it up! :smile:
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    I signed up for our color run! Just so I won't want to waste the 40$ in cost. lol
  • Doenut2013
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely words, it's very encouraging and is sure to keep me motivated :smile:

Good luck to everyone also taking on the challenge of a 5k, it's no easy feat, but you're all stars so I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!