Commit... or be COMMITTED!

Options
They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'm going to have to keep reminding myself of that, and the fact that just because I have incorporated some good habits in my life that doesn't mean I can stick with some of the bad ones and expect to show results, if not today then certainly not long term. Have you sat there and thought to yourself that you are doing everything "right" but are not losing weight? I mean yeah, it happens, and people do hit plateaus. I have no idea why it was that two weeks ago I worked out hard every day and actually gained weight while last week I only hit the gym once and lost a pound (diet being relatively the same during both). But consider the theory of Ockham's razor which, boiled down, basically says that all other things being equal the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. So, what's your gut telling you (no pun intended... well, ok, maybe a little).

This morning I took photos of myself. And measurements. And I am going to drink my water. I've never done any of that. And I am going to honestly log ALL of my calories. Not sure I have ever done that, no matter how much I may THINK I have done it.

And yes, this is a bit of a Monday morning rant and a pep talk to myself, but thanks for reading! Good luck everyone!

HAPPY MONDAY!

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • SilverDiva
    SilverDiva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ranting is good, cheaper then a shrink. Good Luck! It is only when we stop that we fail. Don't stop, I won't.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good luck! After a week or two all of the changes you are making will become habits and you will feel great!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!