Hello. Looking for Blended Meal ideas and recipes

Options
kristy5711
kristy5711 Posts: 21 Member
Hello all.
I have some digestive issues. I also am overweight. I am not looking to actively "diet". I am just attempting to keep my calories to about 1600-1800 a day, and to excercise as well.
Anyhow, I am looking for nutritious liquid recipes. I am unable to fully digest food right now. I tolerate blended foods, soups, and ensures-but solid food distresses my stomach and my intestines. I would like something that is not too full of fiber and not too high in fat. I would like full liquid or smoothie like consistency recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Dinner. I would like them to be filling. I drink ensure-but I am not going to fully live off of it since one 8 ounce bottle does not quite fill me up. If you have any recipes that meet my criteria-that are liquid or pureed and delicious, I would love to have it from you.

Thank you so much. :):smile:

Replies

• deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Here is one link http://www.netwellness.org/healthtopics/diet/pureedentreesalads.cfm#e
    You might also Google Gastroparesis recipes or blended recipes. People with Gastroparesis often have to eat only blended or liquid foods.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    gazpacho is a delicious, healthy pureed cold soup. i don't have a recipe i like more than the others, but there are tons out there utilizing the in-season vegetables, it's definitely worth a go to google it and try one.
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For breakfast smoothies, I pour in 8 oz. of almond milk or coconut milk.....you could use soy or even milk if you drink milk. Then I throw in a bananna, flax seed milled or flax seed whole (milled isn't as full textured and as prominent in taste), one or tablespoons
    unsweetened cocoa, and from there you can add anything else you like as a combination. For a dash of protein, egg whites, which
    in the smoothie you don't taste but is extra nutrition. More can be added as you like, such as a tbsp. PB or Almond Butter.....the
    calories and nutrition go up as you wish.

For lunch smoothie: cup or 2 of spinach depending how much green you like (far milder than Kale, kale is awful to me), apple, some
    water added for a good starter and then you can add any other veggies you like to mix in, but it's all really personal. Many people also
    add a bananna since bananna is very masking if you don't like greens.

Dinnertime smoothies I don't have yet.........I am sure if there are some Google it and they will show.
    Actually, Google smoothies and you'll find an entire array of choices.

Best wishes,
  • aranajt3
    aranajt3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Have you tried the herbalife line? They have several formulas of foods including snacks, shakes, and soups. They can be made hot or cold and all in the blender. I have been on them for a short time and I am left full. One shake is 16 oz and very filling like a milkshake. If interested I know a distrbtor that can provide you with more information.

http://newtraditionsap.com/
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi, my food diary blog might give you some ideas - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. I make a lot of soups and smoothies :)

Ax
  • kristy5711
    Options
    I have Crohn's. Not Gastroparesis. Thank you so much for your help guys. I really appreciate it. :):)
  • kristy5711
    Options
    Hi, my food diary blog might give you some ideas - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. I make a lot of soups and smoothies :)

Ax

Thank you dear! :)
  • kristy5711
    Options
    Thank you so much my friend! Wonderful post. I will try all of your suggestions.
  • kristy5711
    Options
    For breakfast smoothies, I pour in 8 oz. of almond milk or coconut milk.....you could use soy or even milk if you drink milk. Then I throw in a bananna, flax seed milled or flax seed whole (milled isn't as full textured and as prominent in taste), one or tablespoons
    unsweetened cocoa, and from there you can add anything else you like as a combination. For a dash of protein, egg whites, which
    in the smoothie you don't taste but is extra nutrition. More can be added as you like, such as a tbsp. PB or Almond Butter.....the
    calories and nutrition go up as you wish.

For lunch smoothie: cup or 2 of spinach depending how much green you like (far milder than Kale, kale is awful to me), apple, some
    water added for a good starter and then you can add any other veggies you like to mix in, but it's all really personal. Many people also
    add a bananna since bananna is very masking if you don't like greens.

Dinnertime smoothies I don't have yet.........I am sure if there are some Google it and they will show.
    Actually, Google smoothies and you'll find an entire array of choices.

Best wishes,

Kale doesn't go well with me either. I will totally try spinach. I like avocado too. Thank you soo much my dear! :)
  • kristy5711
    Options
    I made a weird soup for lunch. I boiled some carrots, onion (which I really have to limit! But they are so good!), celery and then blended it with warm soymilk and 4 tbspns of rice cereal (the baby kind). It filled me up.