Coffe - Before or After a workout?

dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
Does anybody drink coffee before or after a workout? If so why?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,310 Member
    Before. Gives you that extra little boost.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    I drink coffee after I do brazilian jiujitsu. Mostly because I carpool with a friend who needs his daily fix but, like me, can't drink coffee before BJJ because of acid reflux. Although I might not do it otherwise, I find that it helps me stay awake late in the afternoon when otherwise I might get tired (after the exercise high wears off) in the afternoon.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    before. I don't do much before my coffee LOL
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I workout at 545 and literally roll out of bed, brush teeth, change and our the door. I never want coffee right after, but I have some after I get to work and get settled around 830.
  • dxtra30

lol Same here!
  • Sheri6118
    Sheri6118 Posts: 15 Member
    I had coffee before my workout today and now I'm regretting it. I was sick to my stomach afterwards and thought I might throw up. That has never happened before so I'm blaming it on the coffee and flavored creamer. Lesson learned...I will stick to my water.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member

Yes!!!

I usually keep it at 1 per day. But if I have an exhausting day and then a fitness class in the evening, I'll have a cup after work (3 hours before my class) .. any closer and I may throw up lol
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    I drink 1-2 cups black before I workout. That is my coffee for the day usually, since I normally workout around 9-930am. It gives me an extra boost and motivation.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Before. And after.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    you want me to go fo coffe or do you want to go fo coffe?
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I drink a cup before for extra kick to wake me up more for workout
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member

I can't go fo coffe until I deal with this racacoon on my lawn.
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    I had coffee before my workout today and now I'm regretting it. I was sick to my stomach afterwards and thought I might throw up. That has never happened before so I'm blaming it on the coffee and flavored creamer. Lesson learned...I will stick to my water.

I'm in the same boat for morning workouts. Water only for me. I tend to have reflux (although I'm off meds now that I've lost some weight), so even though my morning workouts are at 6am, I hold off on breakfast or even coffee until I'm at work.

However, when I do my strength training (evenings), I do occasionally save enough coffee in my thermos to have a hit about an hour before...gives me a little needed lift before I have to lift. :smile:

[Go Phils!]
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member

I can't go fo coffe until I deal with this racacoon on my lawn.

yay someone got my joke!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I don't drink coffee but I know people who either drink the stuff or take caffeine supplements before their workout. Just for a boost
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Before and after.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    On the weekends I definitely drink coffee before my workout!
  • dxtra30
    Thanks for input everybody.