is this bad?

Options
Hi Guys,

I feel bad. All week long i've been eating REALLY well as planned, I've also been doing my planned exercise as well and making awesome progress! Tonight, I had some friends over, we ended up drinking some beer (I had 5 beer; Michelob Ultra) and we ordered some Pizza, I pigged out on 8 slices of pepperoni of cheese!!! not at once but throughout the entire evening!

I had plan on having a cheat meal once a week to remain sane and it was recommended to me but I don't know if this considered overboard. Is it? If so, now what? Should I do extra next week to make up for it so I don't lose the progress of last week?

Replies

• newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Accept it & move on. Don't look back, except to learn from it. Log it so you can refer back to it if you need to. Drink plenty of water over the next few days & go low sodium. You had a great day with your friends, life goes on. don't sweat it, don't regret it. This is a lifelong committment & there will be more days like this. Just keep moving forward.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The Past is the Past! Forget about it, move on, start again tomorrow. I went to a birthday party today and pigged out on cashew chunks( I ate 3 servings! lol, totally worth it!) Plus I ate 270 something carbs today.

Tomorrow is a new day, Fresh with no mistakes!

You shouldn't feel bad about having a good time with friends.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Accept it & move on. Don't look back, except to learn from it. Log it so you can refer back to it if you need to. Drink plenty of water over the next few days & go low sodium. You had a great day with your friends, life goes on. don't sweat it, don't regret it. This is a lifelong committment & there will be more days like this. Just keep moving forward.

What she said, log it. Tomorrow is a new day :) We are all human after all
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options

^^This!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    We went out tonight and I did make some better choices, but not great. I logged the whole hot mess to the best of my ability and tomorrow will be a new day.

You just need to focus on having more days that are healthy than not.
  • Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    forget about it and move on, it's in the past and tomorrow is a new day. I know it's hard to not think about it, but one bad day next to a bunch of good days won't effect you. :)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above comments. There will be days when choices made are not ideal. At least for me, assigning "good" and "bad" to things puts me in a negative place, so I do try to avoid using those terms. Food is food. The most important thing is to not let it derail your progress. Accept it and move on. And Log everything. That is what keeps it real for you.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well said! There will always be bad days, but that does not take away from the progress you are making. Do not let it affect how you eat tomorrow.
  • DesireeHermosillo
    DesireeHermosillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love this quote and one for all of us to remember..."Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    it's ok, same here (not the "best" eating day...)! like others said on here, starting now is a new start!
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I did this tonight, too. I was invited over by a bunch of friends who aren't dieting, and it was pizza, wings, and garlic bread. I was almost having anxiety about how much to eat, and when I came home and logged it, I found I am still under for most things today *whew*. I guess I am just hyper conscious of what I put in my mouth these days.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I did the same just before Christmas and the shock of the amount of calories after logging has been my motivation to be careful on what I eat.
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! you guys are right! I woke up this morning and did a C25k workout, it wasn't in my workoutnplan but neither was the pizza and beer, I feel better about it and moving on ;)

Onwards and upwards.

Thanks again,

T
  • NatalieJane92
    Options
    This is such a good idea! My friend recommended this to me too. Im starting with a treat meal once a week, then reducing it down to once every two weeks and hopefully once a month!

It really helps when those cravings kick in. everything is good in moderation!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Live and Learn... I purposely quit drinking when I decided to get serious about this just because of the calories and the next day I tend to eat all day.. I don't think I would have lost all this weight if I continued having my once a weekers..

I going to have a night out when I hit onederland though...that is my next reward.
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea! My friend recommended this to me too. Im starting with a treat meal once a week, then reducing it down to once every two weeks and hopefully once a month!

It really helps when those cravings kick in. everything is good in moderation!

It is a really good idea. I am almost down to my target and I am still able to enjoy some beers and cheat meals. This isn't for everybody of course, I've always had a really high metabolism until I quit smoking a year and quarter ago, I noticed soon after I quit I gained a ton of pounds and read about why, turns out your metabolism basically stops!
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No big deal. Just log it as accurately as you can and forget about it. One day is not going to set you back any huge amount in the overall scheme of things and worrying about week to week/day to day progress will cause nothing but stress.
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thing is you can't "make up for it' like many say. The important thing is learn from this, move on and get back on track NOW and stick to the plan as much as possible.

Of course I live by an 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I eat and workout according to plan and do not deviate. That 20% I splurge. I have that piece of cake I want, or I have pizza. But it's not often, maybe 1x a month.

Of course I also incorporate chocolate or some small sweet into my day but I make sure it's in my calorie budget. If that works for you go for it. Depends on if you can do that or if you need to be 100% good every day except a cheat day.

I personally think cheat days derail and ruin a diet but that's my experience. I find that cheat days, even the name, says that you can do whatever you want and go totally overboard and it's ok. NO!!! it's not ok to overeat and pig out, ever really. Even for Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter. I will not eat 100% that day, but I will say, ok, I did well with dinner and I"m going to splurge and have a slice of pumpkin pie - because I normally will not eat sweets like that in my daily life. Or hey, I am gonna splurge on THIS meal and not ruin an ENTIRE day by "cheating"

I hate the word DIET and CHEAT DAY because it's so restrictive. This is a lifestyle. You want to be healthy - do it. Stop putting all these ridiculous parameters on yourself and live life HEALTHFULLY.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Keep right on moving forward. Get some extra exercise if you can, and definitely drink extra water, but don't punish yourself. Fun times with friends and food are going to happen; it's part of every culture that I know of.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Having pizza and beer is not the problem. What you need to look at is how much. Log everything good and bad and if you know you are going to have a night of pizza and beer log it ahead of time so you know basically how much you want and don't over eat.