How many carbs for a 1200 calorie diet?

Options
How many carbs do you eat/day? I heard the rule is 35 carbs per meal. Any ideas??

Replies

• dicksboro08
    Options
    1200 calories a day is too few, it will actually do more harm than good :)
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    I am restricted on carb/sugar intake now. I eat 1200 on the days I do not exercise, and around 1500-1600 on the days I do.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    bump
    I am just curious about what my daily carb intake should be.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    bump
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Bump still would like to know
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Why are you on a sugar/carb restriction on the days you don't workout? I would need to have a better idea of what you are doing to be able to start giving you the answer you're looking for. :) It would also depend on how you've set up your macro split for the day. I'm currently doing a 40-40-20 split (40% pro/carb and 20% fats) this has been working well for *me*. So if I were to want to limit my carbs for a day I'd simply shift my split to say a 50-20-30 split.... or any variation thereof. It depends on what you are starting out with and what your goal is. There are just a lot of variables that would impact any answer someone gave you. :) hth.

eta: My calorie intake varies around 15-1600 depending on the day.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    How many carbs do you eat/day? I heard the rule is 35 carbs per meal. Any ideas??

35 carbs per meal.

that's the rule
  • SilviaGutierrezRaghu
    SilviaGutierrezRaghu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ok, what is work for me is watch my portions; I do 2 carbs and 2 fruits for day , is very imprortant that you seleced good carbs, like brown rice, etc..
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-1700 a day and I eat less than 100 grams of carbs a day and less than 30 grams of sugar. I feel great, no sugar crashes and things. IDK if that helps, but that's what I do. Feel free to look at my diary, it's been about 3 weeks doing this now.