Jillian Micheal's body revolution challenge

Options
Hey. Im buying Jillians Micheals body revolution (roughly £110) on friday when i get paid. For those who dont know Jillian is a trainer from the biggest loser tv programme, and this is her set of fitness dvds and diet plan, which you complete for 90 days (3months). its suppost to work really well.

Is there anyone whos completed or tried this? does it work? any advice?

Replies

• rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There is a group just for this program here. I am in week two- I like it a lot. I am sore. Nice part is she shows you how to make it harder so you can use again with more challenging methods. Not doing diet though- just the workout.
  • eccoxem
    eccoxem Posts: 7
    Options
    There is a group just for this program here. I am in week two- I like it a lot. I am sore. Nice part is she shows you how to make it harder so you can use again with more challenging methods. Not doing diet though- just the workout.

ahh okay thank you. im new to this so i don't really know how it works. would you say its worth the money? and also do you find it hard to motivate yourself to exercise everyday with the program, or is it quite easy to maintain?
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think so (but a friend gave me mine so it was free). I have two little ones and I can do it most days during naps. The workouts are like 30-35 minutes. You just need basic dumbbell sets (I have 3,5,and 8lbs). You alternate the workouts enough so it isn't boring. My butt and thighs are weak when I am done. I will do measurements later this week for my first two weeks. It is fun and doable for me. I just wish there was a fitness test to see improvement at the end.
  • eccoxem
    Options
    okay sounds good that its only 30 mins a day. im definitely committed to doing this. Yeh fitness tests would be a good idea but im sure once your done you'll just be able to tell you've got fitter in yourself. really excited to get started now.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've completed it. It's AMAZING. I honestly got better results from it than I got from P90x. If you stick to it and stick to eating right you will definitely see MAJOR changes. Unfortunately I'm a dummy who didn't take progress pics BUT I can promise that you won't regret your purchase!!! :)
  • Angieis123
    Angieis123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you lose in 90 days. Inches Thanks. I am thinking about buying this
  • eccoxem
    Options
    I've completed it. It's AMAZING. I honestly got better results from it than I got from P90x. If you stick to it and stick to eating right you will definitely see MAJOR changes. Unfortunately I'm a dummy who didn't take progress pics BUT I can promise that you won't regret your purchase!!! :)

awesome. thankyou, its always good to know that people tried it and its worked for them. will definitely be getting it. did u follow the diet plan? :)
  • Kisha352
    Kisha352 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They are on YouTube and are FREE! If you want to save your money...Smiles Kisha
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am in week 6 and have also had AMAZING results and better than P90X - YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! I lost 11 lbs the first week and now am at 17 and counting.... The fact that it is only a 1/2 hour a day makes it very doable and if I have time in the evenings, I throw in another cardio just for good measure! It's awesome! My profile pic is the difference in one month. Just fyi
  • kymkan
    Options
    How much weight did you lose in 90 days. Inches Thanks. I am thinking about buying this
    I'm not quite 1/2 way and have lost 17 lbs - I won't know inches til this weekend, but it was 8.5 for the first month
  • kymkan
    Options
    okay sounds good that its only 30 mins a day. im definitely committed to doing this. Yeh fitness tests would be a good idea but im sure once your done you'll just be able to tell you've got fitter in yourself. really excited to get started now.

The fit tests aren't really necessary - you basically do the same workout 4 times in 2 weeks and you can do it easier and better every time - It's amazing how much you improve in such a short period of time.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just started and I love it so far!

Good Luck!

However I'm following only the exercise not her diet plan - curious if anyone else has tried it that way.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have just started phase 2. I love it! It really kicks my butt. I lost 13 inches in phase 1 and 13.5 lbs. Go to community and and look up Jillian Micheals Body Revolution 2013. It is a great group and everyone is at different phases so if just starting thats OK.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just started and I love it so far!

Good Luck!

However I'm following only the exercise not her diet plan - curious if anyone else has tried it that way.

I am doing my own eating plan and not hers. Sticking to the 1200cal though.
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 7 and let me tell you...this is when it starts getting serious!! DVD's 7 and 8 are no joke. Matter of fact, I think DVD 7 is more difficult than 8. I like feeling challenged and it is definitely pushing me to my limits with all of the shoulder and chest workouts. Love it!!
  • Feebee4
    Feebee4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love JMBR. lots of people repeat the programme several times over. I'm on my 2nd round of it so I think it's well worth the money.I paid full price but have seen copied discs being sold on ebay for £20.
    If you're totally new to exercise I'd recommend doing her 30 day shred first.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 and really like it so far. I've lost just over 8 lbs so far and feel a lot more toned n my thighs. I've lost at least 2 inches off my waist. I am not following her diet plan. I am sticking to around 1200 cal/day and more on days when I need to eat back more of my exercise calories. I hadn't done any type of exercise program prior to this besides occasional running. The program is tough, but manageable. I'm feeling very sore today from Mon and Tues (workouts 5 and 6) and I love that feeling knowing I am making progress! One of the great things is she shows you how. Modify, amp up the workouts by adding weights so you can make it more challenging as you get stronger. I have 3 kids and I stay at home with my youngest two- the short 30 min workouts are the just the right amount of time for me. Plus I run 2-3 miles 3-4 days per week. I'd recommend Body Revolution to anyone!
  • eccoxem
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's comments! im am doing this but im not buying it now ;) shhh. very excited and motivated made myself a timetable and everything well done to those of you who have started it already. seems as if it really does work! Starting monday. wish me luck x
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    How is Jillian going for you? I'm just on day 3.
  • Haley_Adele
    Haley_Adele Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im on Week 3 and loving it good luck :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!