New member/WISH ME LUCK

Options
Just saying hello. My name is Suzanne and I am from Florida. I am 40 years old and have a five year old little girl. I have always been athletic and never really had to worry about my weight or what I was eating and drinking. I gained 55 lbs. during pregnancy, but lost sixty five after I had her. I breast fed for two years and was in pretty good shape and maintained my weight. I stopped breast feeding her on her 2nd birthday. She just turned five last week and I am now 40 lbs. heavier over the 3 yrs. I am super uncomfortable and none of my clothes fit. Also, I am the lead singer in a band and I stand out in front every night and feel like crap about how I look so that affects my singing. Unfortunately, my solution has been to consume alcohol to avoid these feelings during my performances. Not only does that backfire in almost every aspect of my life, it also hes contributed to my weight gain. SOOOO... this is why i decided to try this out. WISH ME LUCK!!!--Suzanne :smooched:

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    welcome!:flowerforyou:
    it's a great site and folks here are very supportive--best of luck to you!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just think how much happier you will be when you see progress, and you wil see progress if you stick with it!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The good news is, skip the alcohol and bam, you've instantly saved a ton of calories! 40 pounds is a very obtainable goal! One day at time :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good Luck!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!!!! you can do it :wink:
  • rochelle971
    rochelle971 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello There,

I am also a mom who gained 50 lbs (after) I was pregnant. MFP is really helping me get the weight off and keep it off. Consistency and accountability really helps.

Best to you!!
    Chris

270514.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Luck has nothing to do with it. You know what to do. Eat less, move more, that's it. You can do it, and you will.

Welcome aboard.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck...this site is awesome
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    WELCOME SUZANNE! I think your going to love this site. I haven't heard on bad thing about it. I've been here for a couple weeks and the support from everyone truely helps me stay motivated.

Good luck! - Marie:happy:
  • AidensMom1125
    Options
    good luck and welcome to the site!
  • chalito23
    chalito23 Posts: 3
    Options
    good luck buddy, hope this website keeps you motivated like it does to me!!
  • grandmaunit
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck