Would love some guidance

Options
I have a Marcy home gym (is identical to this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O3H5MQ/?tag=wwwshoesoftwa-20 ) and a treadmill along with some very light dumbbells (3, 5 and 10lb).

I would like to incorporate weights more into my routine but am not at all knowledgeable on the exercises I should be doing for the best results.

I would like to utilize the machine as it is there and it did come with a chart showing various exercises but am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I want to lift heavy (or at least work my way up there LOL) as I have seen the wonderful results.

Thanks.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness.com has a lot of good guidance. Jefit.com has a lot of pre-made routines that you can use on your computer or download to your phone. They range in difficulty from beginner to advanced, so it should have something you can use.
  • txs78746
    txs78746 Posts: 24
    Options
    Its too bad it didn't come with a DVD or something to show you the ropes. An easy way would be to google the various exercises, such as lat pull down, curl etc. Various bodybuilding websites have youtube channels where they show how to do exercises with proper form. I can send you some links if you'd like.

You could also book some time at a local gym that has a similar universal machine. The trainer could run you through each basic move and offer suggestions. Its more expensive, but some gyms have deals where you get an intro to the gym and an hour with a trainer for a small fee.

Of course you could always just experiment.... Usually the machines have the seats and pads to help line up with proper use.