Psyllium Whole Husks

Options
dubist
dubist Posts: 279 Member
anyone using this product for weight loss?

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I use it for fiber.

The orange kind is pretty tasty mixed with vanilla protein powder.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's meant to work for weight loss? Presumably only if you massively OD on it and use it as a natural laxative. You really don't want to do that. It will get messy. Figuratively and literally.

I use it though, I throw 10g in my morning shake. I'm trying to limit my carb/sugar intake a bit, all those apples and oranges might've been good for my bowels but less so for my teeth, trying to keep my fibre above 25g without eating a lot of sugary carbs or lots of grains was proving a bit difficult, the husks have done a fine job at restoring the balance.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used it in hopes it would regulate my cranky GI system. It did not. I feel like it has potential as a terrible, terrible pudding though.
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes it is weird to drink. i'll try it in my oatmeal.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm weird because I actually like the stuff. I don't use it for weight loss though (not quite sure how that would work). I dump in on my cereal when I eat that for breakfast.

A word of wisdom, do NOT put it in your cooking unless you want to eat very slimey food. I did that once (I'd put too much water in and I thought the husks would soak it up) and the result was gross. Made worse by the fact that I cook in bulk so I was eating super slimey food all week.