Wedding in 6 months!!

Options
My wedding was suppose to be June 3rd 2011. I was going to have a year to lose all the weight I want to lose. My fiance wants to move the date to December 18. 2010. What is a realistic goal for 6 months?

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think the target goal on your ticker is entirely doable. I mean you're talking 26 weeks, heck maybe even 28.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Realistically, 5 lbs a month.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I would say 30 lbs if you're very commited to it. That's 5 lbs a month. Some months you might lose more, some less, but since I started I lose abotu 5 a month. If you're a weekend drinker giving up alcohol will help speed it up a lot too. :) Congratz and good luck!
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    well in 5 months ive lost 21lbs id say 30lbs in 6 months is realistic! thats about 5lbs a month!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I started Jan 11 to lose weight before my daughters wedding June 26. Today is June 14 and I've lost 37.5 lbs. That's in 5 months. I've had good weeks and not so good weeks but it's come off pretty steadily. I lost more at first but have been hitting my 5 lbs a month challenge the last 3 months. I'd say I average 2 lbs a week but I've had stalls too so really can't plan on that. I'd say 5 lbs a month is a healthy loss.
    Good luck! I'm sure you will look beautiful what EVER weight you are so don't fret about it. (I know, easier said than done!) :wink:
  • deanamcmillan
    Options
    I just did this last year! I got married on November 7th. I lost about 5 lbs a month so the other posts seem right. Good luck to you and my advice is to enjoy your day no matter what your weight. You will be beautiful! Best wishes for a happy and successful wedding!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    First let me say CONGRATS!
    In my honest opinion...I would shoot for 8-10 lbs a month if you can. Depends on how well you know your body and what it is that you are capable of. And of course some months you might lose more or less. Losing 8 lbs a month puts you at a 40-48 lb loss by December.

Good luck, I know you can do it! Stay focused!!!!
    Naj
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have much advice for you. Every body is different but if you work hard you can definately make your ticker goal.

I'm in the same boat. We got the engaged on May 8th and our Wedding is August 7th!

I've already lost most of my weight though. I've still got 7lbs to lose by wedding date but good luck!!! Having a date makes your work harder towards a goal.