Have you tried the Herbalife Plan? Did it work for you?

Options
I need to lose that last 20#. I exercise 5-6 times a week and just completed the Urban Warrior Dash last Saturday 5 miles 13 obstacles!!! Love it!!! I have the exercise down.

My daughter's friend is doing herbalife and has had some AMAZING results! Of course she is MUCH younger, but I am thinking of trying it for a month and see if it kick starts me into losing again. It sounds like a good plan..eating every 3 hours..protein, fruits veggies, shakes, tea and exercise. I feel like I just need something to follow to get me back on track and disciplined with my diet.

Thanks for any feedback on your results

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My BFF did it and lost 60 lbs.

She kept it off 2 months and gained 90 back.

Take in less calories than you put out, keep up the exercise.

No short path to any place worth going my friend. :smile:
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    watch your fat intake
  • fortheheart
    fortheheart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is still around? I tried that about..15 years ago? I can't remember but I was in high school and over 300 pounds. It was all about replacing food with supplements and vitamins back then. No shakes and NO food. Nothing to chew. I can't remember if I lost anything...I think I was starving.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    watch your fat intake

What would you mean by this? What would you be watchng?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is no reason to do the shakes. They are expensive and will not provide you a sustainable plan to succeed long term. If you just set a moderate deficit 1/2 - 1 lb per week and aim to eat back 50% of your exercise calories, you will lose the last 20. It's going to be long though, it's not fast. Or if you workout consistently, set your account to moderately active and don't worry about exercise calories.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a stupid quick-fix scam that's not sustainable in the long term and offers absolutely no benefits whatsoever over traditional means (less food, more exercise).
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I started, I replaced two meals a day with two shakes a day. And had one "colorful meal" And honestly, I really enjoyed it. I lost three inches off my waist, one inch off my hips, and an inch and a half on my thighs. Although I LOVED the shakes, I got sick of it literally after 7 days. It's been about a month since then, and I still cannot have a shake. I am still taking the pills almost every meal (because I need to use them up), now I'm just watching my calorie intake and eating clean. For me I personally believe I only used it for motivation. Because it is literally the only thing that got me into eating clean and working out. If I could go back a month, I would have spent the $200 elsewhere.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is that same as all the other scams out there. It's the low calorie diet they put you on that takes the weight off not the magic pills and potions.