Anyone else have problems with their feet?

Options
I have problems with my feet because of the fact that I have high arches and I tend to walk on the outsides of my feet. My question is, does anyone know of the best (and affordable) inserts or shoes that could help with this? I have issues with merely walking, let alone trying to exercise. I feel this is really hindering my goals of living a healthier lifestyle. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Replies

• she_fit
    she_fit Posts: 36
    Options
    I have severe bunions as well as high arches and boy, let me tell you, when i first got back into working out (running consistently) until I built the muscles back up it was hell. Serious pain, all the time.

My husband is a physical therapist and highly recommends getting arch supports for people like you and I. I'd actually maybe visit a podiatrist or p.t. and see what they recommend.

And, just keep on keeping on. Building the muscles back up makes all the difference. I'm taking a short hiatus from running and working on overall cardio and toning for a few weeks until I can heal a strain in my foot.

Good luck!
  • daisymae1979
    daisymae1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well it's good to know there's possible light at the proverbial tunnel. All I know is I'll try just about anything to help! I'll start with the arch supports and go from there!

Thanks!!
  • grapeape09
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I used to have high arches but they are falling plus I have calcium build up on the joints which cause pain. I've been told I need orthotic insoles but haven't gotten them yet. I walk a lot for work so I bought Dansko's which give me the support I need during the day. I am still able to wear my five finger shoes when power walking but won't attempt running or anything else with high impact due to pain. Weight lifting & yoga are my main work outs now.