Gaining Muscle - no fat loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting better you are losing inches which is good. Dont forget there are a lot of places on the body that we cant measure that still lose weight. I have noticed a big change on my collarbones recently, i couldnt see them before now they are popping through. Also my shoes are looser. Keep at it, it will happen.
  • Ackafool
    Ackafool Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The donut is really out of character for me. Sugar is in general. I usually eat fruits. I haven't touched fast food in over a month or so. The only packaged food I eat is some fiber snacks and frozen vegetables or fruits, but even those are rare.

And Monday (sunday?) It says I had to finish off 420 calories, I ate those later and forgot to log it in.

I will eat up to my limit, but if I exercise that day (usually burning 240-300 calories in cardio alone) I swear I start dying of starvation. :(

I am so lost and hopeless.

Add protien. This will help you feel fuller longer and help fuel your workouts. Also to help burn fat look into interval training. And fruit is sugar, just a different type. Whenever I'm looking to cut weight I usually skip the fruit. If you're confused about nutrition check out bodybuilding.com they have several shred programs that will give you ideas of what, how and when to eat.
  • nbrueggeman
    Options
    The donut is really out of character for me. Sugar is in general. I usually eat fruits. I haven't touched fast food in over a month or so. The only packaged food I eat is some fiber snacks and frozen vegetables or fruits, but even those are rare.

And Monday (sunday?) It says I had to finish off 420 calories, I ate those later and forgot to log it in.

I will eat up to my limit, but if I exercise that day (usually burning 240-300 calories in cardio alone) I swear I start dying of starvation. :(

I am so lost and hopeless.

if all you're eating is fruit and veg and no protein that won't be helping your situation, the idea of a good diet is to eat a balanced diet, pack in whatever nutrients you can to whatever calories you require for your size, you also say the last time you had fast food was a month ago, but you're complaining of dieting for 10 months, so... theres an issue there that needs to be addressed

i'd call this day 0 make a vow to not hit a fast food chain for say... 6 months, if you hand over your weight, height and bmi you can get a definative answer to alot of your questions, get a decent food plan going and track everything religously from now on.

you're in the right place for support and advice, if you use it wisely you'll lose the weight you want to
    Wow. Thats a bit of an assumption. I said I haven't had fast food in a month, don't assume I've been gorging down for the last 10 months.
    I've shown my diet to a nutritionist who I also stumped why I'm not loosing weight and so are my doctors. Even when I was working out 4-5 times a week eating protein and fresh vegetables nothing was coming off.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I read this article this morning... might want to take a look at it, if you really think your plateau on the scale is from muscle gain...

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain/
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I read this article this morning... might want to take a look at it, if you really think your plateau on the scale is from muscle gain...

OP posts a thread about how cruel people were in this thread then deactivated.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how people were being cruel when most were simply pointing out the OP did not gain a lot of muscle.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how people were being cruel when most were simply pointing out the OP did not gain a lot of muscle.

I'm not saying people were. In fact I said that in her other thread. I just posted that because someone revived this thread.
  • ejonesy
    ejonesy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't ask for advice if you can't handle the truth.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight but following the diet and exercise plan as you've set it out then other possible issues are undiagnosed health issues like PCOS.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am super frustrated.

I've been trying to loose weight for over 10 months, and little has happened. I am switching to a mostly vegetable diet, but with little results.

Anyway. I've begun weight lifting... and I have gained a lot of muscle... but I just feel like I'm not loosing any fat. The scale won't budge and my measurements are the same as nine months ago!

Nothing is changing despite muscle building. I am feeling myself just giving up on trying to loose weight. My thyroid is fine... and its just... the weight won't come off no matter what I do.

Edit: But I will say that my clothes ARE fitting much better... I'm just stumped.

If you are eating at a deficit you are not building any muscle outside a pound or two of newbie gains. You normally lose muscle when you try to lose weight. You need a calorie surplus to build muscle.

If she hasn't lost any weight in 10 months, it would seem she is not eating at a defciit. If her weight has remained constant, then she's already eating at maintenance.
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem for the last 9 months. I lost about 5kg real quick when I went on holidays (I stopped exercising), but when I came home and started exercising it all came back and wont go away!!!