Strategy - Leading up to Food-filled Weekend?

Options
duckiec
duckiec Posts: 241 Member
My birthday & Easter are the same weekend, and assuming i meet the goal I set for myself, I plan to have an all-out day on my birthday. No binging, but anything my heart desires (already looking forward to a non-sugar free, not skim Starbucks drink, and scone for a 800 cal+ breakfast!) is okay. Probably a few drinks that night, then the next, not holding back if I want to dip into the kids' Easter baskets and for brunch. I'll track everything, and have a decent workout Saturday, but be completely slothy Sun. What a weekend!

But, how do I best plan for this food-capade in advance? Go bare minimum the week leading up to it? For longer than that? Or go minimum after the weekend for the next week (or longer?) How have you handled it, and was it successful? Thanks!

Replies

• dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't track it....it's just going to make you think you need to compensate for those calories later on which you don't. A 'bad' day once in a while can be a good thing.

Just enjoy your food, make good decisions when you can (sugar substitutes, grilled not fried, etc.) and jump back into your regular lifestyle after Easter.

I eat very clean when I'm at home, and I try to when I'm out but I know on the weekends that's not always going to be the case. I consume over 2K daily and I might go 5K+ on Saturday from beer. They key is simply living an active and healthy life...which you are because you're working out Saturday.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if you've been eating a bit less or healthier, you should be cautious cause some of these things and portions might actually make you sick now! I went out for a big celebration dinner on Friday night and ate my 'normal' food - salad, pizza, wine, dessert. I was so sick, we had to go home after and my stomach was in pain for hours...I learned a very painful lesson! Haha but anyways you might find that just a bit of each treat is enough for you or that you actually no longer crave something super sweet / fattening...Personally for me, I would say don't go all out. In the past, if you would have had 2 chocolate bars, have 1. Make some compromises so maybe you go over but it's nothing insane and it won't make you sick either physically or mentally! Hope this helps...I wouldn't wish that painful Friday night on anyone! x

Also, I never answered the question really haha - I usually take it day by day cause it's easier for me to keep track that way...but if I had one crazy day (Friday), I'll ease up the next day and go under calories.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Eating less before, doesn't make up for overeating on other days. Do your thing for the weekend, enjoy it, track if you want and then get back to normal Monday morning.
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it and get back on track later, if you try to compensate the week before you may think you are justified (or are OK) going totally overboard. If you give yourself the space to relax over the weekend you may not go as mad as you think. Also you can get back on track straight after, have a workout planned and menu planned and in fridge for the first day back to ensure that the first day back doesn't drift on and on. Enjoy.

I am going away this weekend and am planning to have hotel continental buffet breakfasts - and I am going to enjoy them!!! I will do loads of sightseeing type walking and have salads for other meals.

Again RELAX AND ENJOY
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I will probably keep on tracking because while I have this fantasy of a buffet spread before me in my head, when it comes down it it, I probably won't want all I think I will, will be scared I'll pay the price for it, or when it comes time, just won't want the complete derailment. It's mostly about not having to think about everything constantly... and having some foods that I generally don't allow (or make room for) most of the time. A couple bites is often enough to satisfy the desire, so I hope I can avoid any tummy trouble. Mmmm can taste that scone... ;)
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Scone...*drool*...
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My birthday is coming up on Monday, and I have a huge fun-filled weekend planned (not necessary centered around food - but it will be part of it). What I did was for the two weeks before my birthday I've been trying to slot in two workouts a day - the 30DS and something else (walking, swimming, etc). When I do the second workout, I track the calories and don't eat them back..I've been saving them for this weekend. So far, I've saved up 1700 calories - this way if I do want something, I've already got some space in my bank!