Any tips for Walt Disney World Dining??

Options
I know there are plenty of mousketeers in here so I thought I would ask YOU for help! My family and I will be in Disney next week as a thank you for all of the people I help as a Team Beachbody coach and I am scouting out dining options for the sporadic meals that will not be provided by them [p.s. we are not going to be on the meal plan]. Any suggestions for where we can get GOOD and HEALTHY food to stay on track on the Disney property? All tips (even the "you have to do this" while you are there kind) are appreciated in advance! Thanks ya'll!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the sit down restaurants. They usually have more healthy options - plus you get to sit and rest your feet and enjoy the air conditioning. Epcot has a good teppenyaki place (grilled chicken & veggies). I always figure the 100,000 miles you walk each day kinda balances out any less healthy food choices too.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    you'll be walking, sweating and standing in lines all day.. plus swimming climbing stairs, running to the enxt ride basically exercising non-stop from the entirely of your visit.. I'd say anythign goes..

When we went it was June and it was disgustingly hot.. we ate a ton of ice cream. We ate whatever we wanted...I gained 0.

Oh eat in Japan in epcot.. that japanese steakhouse is amazing!!!

Oh and don't miss the aerosmith roller coaster (we went on thatlike 7 times!!) and the tree of life 4D show! LOL. It used to be based off that Ants movie.. but I don't know if it's changed.. It ws great! and it's inside in the shade. LOL

And buy the picture CD before you go (it's cheaper and you WILL want the pictures they take of you)
  • nikb1983
    nikb1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Disney World has the same stuff... but at Disneyland most of the snack vendors offer some healthy choices like apples, oranges, trail mix, etc. I don't know about the restaurants (it's been a couple years) but I'm pretty sure a lot of them offer things like a side salad instead of fries...

They allow outside food to be brought in, so sometimes we would bring our own sandwiches and snacks. Or even go outside the park to a nearby restaurant...this was more to save money than to find healthy food...park food can be pricey.

ETA: Check out this blot for some good tips... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/04/eating-healthy-in-walt-disney-world/
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am a former cast member! and worked at a fast food place, Disney obviously offers bottled water and tap water is always free. The kids menus are the healthiest there's usually like turkey sandwiches and for the adult meals you can get fish/burger/etc with a side and the side could be fries but substitute it for apples! We also have Tea sweetened and unsweetened. Epcot is a great place to get healthy foods because some countries eat things with low calories!! pot stickers are really fatty ! so don't get those! lol A lot of small places in magic kingdom you can get really healthy things!! like in the new fantasy land there is apple sauce, and hummus and pretzels!! those are really nutritious !!
  • smdiegelman
    smdiegelman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/jiko-the-cooking-place/

Jiko was my favorite when I was there last. The food is exotic, heathful, and just amazing! I was a vegan when I went, and I have no problems finding delicious options.

Have fun!
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am a former cast member! and worked at a fast food place, Disney obviously offers bottled water and tap water is always free. The kids menus are the healthiest there's usually like turkey sandwiches and for the adult meals you can get fish/burger/etc with a side and the side could be fries but substitute it for apples! We also have Tea sweetened and unsweetened. Epcot is a great place to get healthy foods because some countries eat things with low calories!! pot stickers are really fatty ! so don't get those! lol A lot of small places in magic kingdom you can get really healthy things!! like in the new fantasy land there is apple sauce, and hummus and pretzels!! those are really nutritious !!

As another former cast member I must say I agree with all of this. Epcot is phenomenal for food!
  • nathanielnieman
    nathanielnieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Friends are BB coaches and will be there also. Have fun.

I away try to eat fruit, drink plenty of water, and every now and then eat what I want. Lots of walking and it is going to be warm.

We also pack our breakfast which helps some.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    They have plenty of healthy options throughout the parks. You can plan ahead by checking out the menu's according to park online http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm However, I really agree with Confuzzled4ever's comment of eating whatever. If you're going with kids plan on burning alot of calories. Have fun :happy:
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was there over New Year's and all that walking made me hungry, so when the others were snacking on whatever, I was eatin Nature Valley Protein dark chocolate and peanut butter bars. I sampled the stuff the others snacked on and had a big salad for lunch. They have a lot of choices even in the Magic Kindgom. I had a great time and loved the changes to the Magic Kingdom. The revamped Test Track was great, make sure you utilized your fastpass.
  • TS14fan
    TS14fan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Was there just last week.We ate breakfast in our room(cereal,yogurt and fruit)brought sandwiches(peanut butter) and fruit for lunch then basically ate a good dinner.With all the walking,I ended up losing 2 pounds while still eating burgers,fish and chips,pasta and chicken.EPCOT has the best dining options so dont forget the counter place in Living with the land.Some good options there(seafood,chicken,vegetables)
    You are also going during the Flower and Garden show.They have some food booths set up there.Some good eats to be found there.
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to remember where we ate for lunch, but we ended up getting Rotisserie chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was pretty healthy, and considering all the walking you will be doing, you should be fine.