Severe sweet tooth!

Options
alicia_christina
alicia_christina Posts: 19 Member
I have the most serious sweet tooth ever! like all the time! its the ONLY reason why i am over weight. i looove chocolate and anything else sugary. but obviously this needs to stop. does anyone have any suggestions that i can satisfy the cravings with something thats not gonna sky rocket my caloric/sugar intake? please and thank you :)

Replies

• SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of Coke Zero and that gave me a huge sweet cravings. Once I cut it way back that made a difference. Other stuff like ice cream I just had to quit cold turkey. Sometimes its just the joy of hormones, too.
    I used to eat so much milk chocolate. Now I will get a few squares of dark chocolate of good quality and eat it very slowly and really enjoy it.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Can't say enough about Quest Bars. Soooo good to satisfy sweet cravings. Packed with protein and low on carbs as they're jacked with fiber!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth also...it's HUGE! If I could I'd make sundaes all the time with chocolate, caramel sauce...I love to bake, I love cookie dough, oreos and milk...fancy coffee drinks...candy! I have found that if I could look at something like a motivation picture that helps and if not, a frozen banana tastes kind of like ice cream, suar free or low calorie hot chocolate packets...mints...waldens(sp?) farms makes a chocolate sauce...it's ok but sugar, carb and calorie free!
  • shakey68
    shakey68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do too. I would prefer to eat dessert for all my meals. I've done a few things. I will bake only 2 cookies from cookie dough that I have in the fridge. I portion out chocolate chips and a tbsp of peanut butter and nibble on that. As much as some say the 100 calorie snacks aren't good, they do come in handy. I do not deny myself anything or else I could potentially do worse damage. Moderation as cheesy as it sounds. I've tried pineapple and certain fruit, but that doesn't work for me :cry: So I have to have myself a treat. And it is daily. If you come up with anything please let me know!
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    You can try other healthy versions of things like cake and cookies and things like that. I make a chocolate peanut butter mug cake when i have a lot of extra calories left over. Its about 330 cals per serving, but doesn't have flour or sugar in it! and has 34g of protein! I love them!
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i am the same way, i love chocolate, my sugar intake is always over the recommended
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I found a couple low-cal sweet treats on Pinterest recently. One is a frozen hot chocolate and the other was a vanilla mocha frappe. I believe 50 - 80 per serving. They have lots of recipes for one mug stuff that you can fit into your meal plans. Best wishes!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze a banana, then add vanilla almond milk, walnuts, and unsweetened shredded coconut into a food processor and it makes a delicious low calorie treat!
  • maximemf
    maximemf Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!

I'm addicted to chocolate myself, it's been 33 days since I had some. Lately, I usually get Artic Zero frozen desserts; you get about 37 calories per 1/2 a cup and about 150 calories per pint. They're low in sugar as well...
  • ajohnson1567
    ajohnson1567 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the skinny cow bars? They are the only way i can kick my sweet tooth without feeling guilty. The chocolate waffer bar is delish!!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sometimes an "un sundae" works for me, any fruit of your choice and any nuts topped with chocolate syrup (1-2 tbsp only). The fruit and nuts fill you up and the chocolate syrup gets the sweet tooth. Also try with yogurt or frozen whipped topping. Also a tsp of nutella and a tsp of peanut butter together...it's super sweet and filling. I try to just have less of whatever dessert I am craving....purposely share with others ( I never used to share dessert but it really helps). Try Cooking Light for lightened up recipes
  • cmeyers54
    cmeyers54 Posts: 16
    Options
    Idk exact calories on this but it's a weight watcher recipe and only 1 point. 1 full chocolate graham cracker broke in half, put 1 tblsp fat free cool whip on it and put top half of graham cracker on top. Freeze. Taste just like an ice cream sandwich, maybe even better!!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicia_christina
    alicia_christina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow these are all amazing answers! very helpful! thanks guys!! :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Keep these everywhere!

tumblr_lq8rjpLbNQ1qeub0io1_400.jpg
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese or greek yogurt with a tablespoon of instant sugar free pudding powder. The cottage cheese tastes like pudding and the yogurt comes out like a mousse.
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bumpy Bumpy
  • ahipoi
    ahipoi Posts: 1
    Options
    Try mixing 1/4 cup Fage Greek Yoghurt 0% with 1/4 cup Light Yoplait Banana Creme Pie Yoghurt, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and fruit of your choice. I use a sm. amount of blueberries (lots of sugar in them), and 5 med. strawberries (cut into bite size pieces). Stir gently and enjoy! For special occasions, just add topping of Light Whipped Cream. Uuummm good....
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    two things i use i love the sugar free creamsicles 40 calories per serving. Also i will make myself a bannan, almond milk with a tablespoon of dark chocolate smoothie. or i have a ripe mango totally kicks my sweet tooth. hope this helps.
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Ok, this sounds strange, but I adore hot jello to cure a sweet craving!
    One mug full of boiling water mixed with a packet of sugar free jello powder plus a handful of ice cubes to cool it off a tad.
    Toldja it was strange, but it helps!