25lbs to lose

Options
adzubak
adzubak Posts: 19 Member
Hey I'm 22 and currently enrolled in veterinary school. Needless to say that life can be stressful, and I've accumulated a bit of weight throughout my 4 1/2 years in college. I'm looking to get down to 140lbs, which was my weight before I entered college. That puts me at about 25lbs to lose. Right now I'm working on seeing where I'm eating too much, and so far it's looking like sugar is my enemy. I'm really not a great cook, and have limited time to make food, so I'm trying to find things that are fast, easy, but still healthy, (and tasty too!) I have access to local fresh fruits and veggies 3x a week, so I'm hoping to purchase some of those and work on incorporating those into my diet and getting rid of some of the processed food.

As for exercise, I get very little, so I know I need to find time to add some in. I scuba on occasion, but right now that's really all I get aside from walking to class. I'm hoping to add in some cardio a couple times a week once midterms finish this week. I also like to stretch multiple times a week, but I'm not sure that does anything for my weight lose goal.

Replies

• ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    According to MFP you burn calories stretching. Try adding a 30 min walk on days that you can until you have more time to exercise.
    I can't see your food diary so i can't comment on what you're eating but adding more fruits and veggies is great. There are lots of easy recipes and you tube videos with great instruction on cooking.
  • Faythee
    Faythee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 lbs and need friends also if you want to add me.

I take the dog for a walk every day and recently joined a gym. Never thought I would....but find that I actually like it. I just get on the treadmill for a bit then tour the weight machines. I am trying to do that 3x per week

As far as diet....just eat lean meats, veggies, some fruit and a little dairy. Try to stay away from the pre-packaged stuff. I print out a calendar and plan my menu for a month. This keeps me on track and saves me $ on groceries as well.

An example of what I eat:
    Breakfast:
    -Eggbeaters w/salsa & turkey bacon
    -Cottage cheese & fruit
    -Apple w/ natural peanut butter
    -V-8 juice and celery

Lunch:
    -Salad ( oriental w/mandarin oranges or Italian w/chicken, or Greek, etc.)
    -Healthy Soup ( I make 1 pot each week and eat off of it.....such as vegetable minestrone, or chicken minus the pasta)
    -Fresh veggies with dip and cheese
    -1/2 Turkey Sandwich, stacked (1 piece of bread is better than 2)

Dinner:
    -Soup
    -Big Salad
    -Chicken Breast w/roasted Veggies
    -Stir-fry
    -Wheat angel Hair & Marinara w/spinach salad
    -Turkey sausage & peppers wrap
    -Pita Pizzas

Snacks:
    Beef Jerky
    Raw Veggies
    Pickles
    Hummus w/pita chips
  • adzubak
    adzubak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've made my profile so everyone can see it. Normally I try and do cereal for breakfast, but my boyfriend was just down to visit so I had muffins left over, but they are gone now, never to be purchased again! I have issues with just throwing food away, so that's why I finished them instead of tossing them. :\

Anyway, to tell you a little more about my habits, I don't drink coffee (hate the taste), and I try and avoid soda as much as possible. I recently broke that for midterms week, but I am back to not touching it. I don't drink anything 'diet'. I try and stick to just drinking water and milk. I drink 2 percent since that I really don't like skim, and it's really rare to get 1 percent on the island. (I go to school in Grenada). I love veggies and fruit, but I don't like nuts. It's something with the texture. However, I love peanut butter!

I eat 3 meals a day, Breakfast at about 7:30 (before class), Lunch at 12:30, and Dinner varies between 5:30 and 7. It depends on the day and what I am doing. I eat 1 or 2 snacks a day. One about 10:30 (I have classes 8:30-12:30, so right in the middle) and one sometime after dinner since I cannot sleep if I am hungry. I usually eat an apple for my first snack, but I'm looking for other healthy ideas since I get tired of that. Maybe baggies of cereal? It has to be something that doesn't make a mess since I still have 2 hours of class left. My one after dinner is usually more sweet. A cup of jello, or lately, since my boyfriend brought down a couple boxes (I love him and hate him for it >.>), about 3 or 4 thin mints.

I would love to make a stock pile of soup or something along those lines, but I share a fridge with 2 roommates, so I can't take up too much room. So normally, when I have leftovers, I have to eat them continuously until they are gone. I can't make two meals of leftovers and switch it up very much.