30 day Shred - did your cloth sizing change?

Options
Hi

Looking for some motivation. I have an event to attend in 3 weeks and need to ramp up my exercise to fit into some clothes.

I'm currently doing the Ultimate Yogi dvd's and getting some nice results strength wise but not really losing the flab...

Just wondering from those who have done 30 day shred, did you drop cloth sizing in the 30 days?

Replies

• cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I went from a 14 to a 12. And XL to a L. But, that's with MFP calorie guidelines as well.
    I loved it.
    Best of luck!!! :happy:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I went from a L to a S.. haven't tried on any jeans with even number sizes but I would say I am at between an 8-10 now

I started at a size 12-13
  • marbiovet
    Options
    I'm on Day 18 of the 30 day shred and I've lost about 10 pounds! Also, I've lost 2.5 inches off my waist, hips and bust (my cup size hasn't changed so I'm hoping I lost 2 inches of back fat haha)! I think I went down a dress size. But I'm also on a 1200 calorie diet, so I'm sure that contributed a lot. Good luck! You can do it! The first week was really rough, and rougher when I gained back the 5 lbs I lost on my first cheat day, but I kept on going and I've come pretty far!
  • rozojc
    rozojc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. I'm quite new to change my habits and have been doing cardio and (lately) some different types of situps. I just googled this 30 day shred video and it sounds interesting. Those of you who have done it, have done it as an addition to following the MFP calorie guidelines?

What happens once you git the 30 days, just go to maintenance mode if you will? Or are you expected to continue doing this workout?
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Do whatever you feel like doing. I did 30DS two months straight but got too bored to do it for a third month

About MFP.. MFP recommended for me to eat 1200, that's impossible for me (still is) so I ate 1600-1900 cals
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. I'm quite new to change my habits and have been doing cardio and (lately) some different types of situps. I just googled this 30 day shred video and it sounds interesting. Those of you who have done it, have done it as an addition to following the MFP calorie guidelines?

What happens once you git the 30 days, just go to maintenance mode if you will? Or are you expected to continue doing this workout?

I love it! I also do 3 days of regular cardio on top of this. the goal is to do 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2, and 10 days level 3. After you can mix these work outs in with your regular cardio work outs...A friend recommend ripped in 30 after this. For me i use these (other than the 30DS) when i can't get to the gym. They are quick workouts...you have to push through some of them if your just starting but they do get easier and results are amazing. I also follow a 1500 calorie plan...and stick this and do not eat my calories back. So far i've lost tons of inches...my clothes just hang now...slow to lose the weight but it's coming off! Good luck. Youtube has all three levels of the 30DS for free.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    bump
  • winterpaws
    Options

I am going to start tomorrow, hoping for some good results with clean eating and these workouts
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im on day 6 at L1 - and on day 3 i had a WI (every monday lol) id lost 1.5lb just after 3 days aswell as having a bad week before i started the shred (foodwise) I am now sticking to the 1200 cal mfp has given and some of my stomach fat has gone already!
  • jennacote
    jennacote Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After the first 10 days (level 1) I had dropped 3.5 pounds... I'm not down a full pant size yet but I'm absolutely missing the little muffin top that used to be there. I'm on day 13 now and I feel like every day I notice an area that is just a little tighter...
  • Kerinjay
    Kerinjay Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on Day 15 - I haven't noticed a weight difference (although I haven't weighed myself because I don't own a scale.)
    I measured my waist yesterday because I am making a tutu for a 5k that I am doing this weekend and my waist measurements are down 2 inches. That is super motivation! I worked it hard last night.

I also feel like I look less fluffier - if you understand what I mean. I feel less fluffy and it is my time of the month - so I'm taking that as a good sign.
  • Melanya7
    Melanya7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have only lost 1.5 pounds. At first i gained a good bit, 3 pounds. I am on level 2 day 6. While the weight seems to be stubborn, I have lost inches and tightened up. At the beginning I was squeezing into a size 8 and now my 6s fit. I seem to be down a size and my shoulders look good. I'm crossing my fingers that the post partum muffin disappears in the next 14 days.
  • winterpaws
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling really off and naueseous.

Was going to skip this but I did the workout. Nearly vomited but I made it through :) Day 1, Level 1 done and dusted!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just started level 3 today and i am down about 6 inches on my waist and 2 off my hips. Can wait to see the final results!
  • carolep2407
    Options
    10th day for me today. Lost 3 lbs and 2" from bust, 3" from waist, 1/2" from hips, 1/4" from thighs, 1/4" from arms. Start level 2 tomorrow!!
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    I have not lost weight on it yet (day 20/30), and have not measured for inches again yet, but I do feel like I'm getting more toned. Not sure if my clothes are fitting better either. I don't have a ton of weight to lose though, and I was fairly active prior to starting 30DS, so I'm not expecting to drop as many pounds/inches as some others who have had really great results.

It is a great work-out for 20-25 minutes though, and I always work up a good sweat by the end! I can also do a real push up now for the first time.... ever?
  • nathanandclairesmom
    Options
    I am on Level 1, Day 8. I'm glad I got on here to see that the goal is to do 10 days at each level. I am starting to notice my pants are fitting a little looser, and I'm hoping for a weight loss. I had been eating back what I earned from exercise, and I'm working to back off on that. I'm trying to walk 30 minutes on my lunch break, too, to give myself a few extra calories. My goal is that the walking calories are extra, while the 30 Day Shred calories are to burn off and not eat back.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with killer buns and thighs and running and I look and feel great.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of Level 1 today. It's a good work-out and I hope to see some results by the end of it. (Which I am sure I will.)
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred...great to see such positive results!

I can totally feel it in my stomach, arms and legs. ;) I would love to drop a size or 2 in 30 days!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!