How does your TOM affect your weight and measurements?

Cause I'm measuring bigger in the tummy than I should for this weight.

Is there a point where you gain extra pounds or inches? When do you lose it?

Replies

• EyeOnThePrize82
    EyeOnThePrize82 Posts: 59 Member
    Bump
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    It's just bloat. It depends on the female how long it will last.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Bloating will cause you to expand in addition to weighing more. My bloating usually lasts from 1 to 1.5 weeks but I have some hormonal problems.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    My rule of thumb is that the first day I see an increase in my weight - usually 5 days before TOM starts - I stop stepping on the scale, and I hide the measuring tape. I refuse to go near either one until I'm more than halfway through TOM, but I bust my behind working out for that whole time. How amazing does it feel to go from seeing a higher weight due to bloat, to seeing a LOWER number when your body sheds the extra water? It's a super huge motivation for me.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I gain bloat (weight and higher measurements) just before it starts and lose it all within a day of the final day. I don't measure myself during the time and i know any scale numbers are only temporary. I typically gain 2-7 pounds.
  • I read that TOM your endorphin levels go down, so thats why we crave "junk food", just so we can release more of those happy hormones.
    Mother nature screwed us!
  • EyeOnThePrize82
    Thanks ladies!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I think it works differently for everyone. I lost a lot during AF last month, and gained weight/plateaued for a couple weeks afterwards. It's only when I ovulated (I usually starve around that time) that I started losing again.

This month, same deal so far, I'm losing fine (I'm on day 2). It's not really a surprise though because I lose a whole lot when it happens (I have to wear two overnight pads all day and night for 5 days, pretty much). I'm totally expecting to hit a plateau again in a week though. We'll see how it goes.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    removed....I dont need a strike because my answer would probably offend someone.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    The week prior to my period I can be up as much as 3-4 lbs. Weight goes back down during the week of my period.
  • EyeOnThePrize82
    removed....I dont need a strike because my answer would probably offend someone.

I'm curious. And not easily offended. Can you PM me?