Snacks for a roadtrip

Options
sirabe
sirabe Posts: 294 Member
My family is planning a road trip and I want to packs some healthy snacks. Any ideas?

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Apples, bananas, individual almond milk pouches, almonds, home made trail mix. Water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Kind bars, applesauce cups, nuts, fruit

Can you bring a small cooler? Cheese, yogurt, boiled eggs, water
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerkey, hard boiled eggs, edamame
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Trail mix travels very well, and you can mix in whatever you like! If the kids like different things, it's easy to make everyone their own mix. Here's some of the mix-in's I've tried: banana chips, dried apples/apricots, nuts, seeds, raisins, craisins, maybe even throw in some chocolate chips for a little variety.

Pre slice some apples. Baby carrots, celery sticks, grapes, bananas.

If you have room for a small cooler, that's a great idea. Yogurt, sandwiches, juice/water bottles, and keep your fruits/veggies cool and crisp. :)
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas!! I always struggle with road trips. My hubby and I go on them quite frequently and I will say probably my snack of choice is trail mix. I also love string cheese and beef jerky. the key is to get stuff that isnt too horrible for you, but doesnt get icky when warm, or spoil. or leave your hands sticky. Sticky hands are the worst!!