les mills bodypump and bodycombat calories burned

Options
Hi does anybody know roughly on average how many calories are burned for an hour of either of the two classes. For bodypump I will probably start on lowest weights!
Tried a google search and the number vary widely. If anybody does these classes and can give me a rough estimation for exercise diary it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The numbers do range a lot because there are so many variables - your weight, the weight you are lifting, how intensely you are working etc.

If you're lifting light, I'd guess 250-400 for an hour.
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will stick to the lower end of the scale so I don't overat! Are heart rate monitors worth buying?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can be - I had one, and wore it to a couple of classes to see roughly what I was using calorie wise. But I dont do that any more.
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    compat i put in a circuit training. i think they say upto 730
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always think 600 - 700 in an hour seems like a huge number!
  • KelliK910
    Options
    Just wondering if you figured out how much your burning? I am going to add in Body Pump for the first time tonight and start with light weights also. I am 142 lbs and would like to try to log it accordingly. Hoping this class will help me tone and build muscle to help burn fat.. already down 10... 30 more to go! :smile:
  • toxoplasmagondi
    toxoplasmagondi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It varies greatly by weight/fitness level. I have a polar HRM and burn about 200 calories for pump and 450 for combat. I weigh 130lbs and 5'6"
  • KelliK910
    Options
    Ok.. I'll just have to guesstimate for now until I can get a HRM or something like it. and 50 lbs lost? That is awesome!!! Keep up the good work.
  • saleahy
    Options
    Body pump calories burned is more accurately 560 per hour.
    Body combat is 737
    Body Jam is 530

Check out the les mills website if you want the accurate numbers
    The calories for bodypump are not on the website but the gym I go to has it listed on their website (Goodlife)
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had the same question!! Found this awesome website a couple days ago that gives you cals burned estimate for your weight for all sorts of different activities including boot camp class!

http://simplefit.net/static_pages/Calories-Burned
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I always think 600 - 700 in an hour seems like a huge number!

But it is probably accurate for bodycombat. I burn 350-550 calories for Bodypump. I have an HRM, and I really like it. I think they are worth it.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wore a HRM and got 280 for pump and 392 for combat. I'm just under 5'2 and 140lbs.
  • aidaarteagavelez
    Options
    I just started my fitness pal and was wondering about the calories burned. I put 300, I sweat pretty much and end the workout totally tired.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 126 lbs. I use a hrm and I burn around 350 calories doing body pump and I lift heavy and 400 for body combat. Calories burned depends on a lot of different things weight, age, gender ect. I would invest in a hrm I just got mine last month and love it.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not sure how intense the classes are but with the at home workout..for the hour one I burn around 465 calories per workout
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Body combat is 737
    Body Jam is 530

The calories for bodypump are not on the website but the gym I go to has it listed on their website (Goodlife)

You cannot go according to the calories somebody else burns...Calorie burn is dependent on a lot of things, size, age, fitness level and more....I am 5'8, weighs 176 and am 44 years old - and relatively fit..I burn a lot less calories than a 30 year old 5'8 200lbs woman who has never exercised before...I probably burn more than a 5'1, 100lbs top fit 50 year old woman doing the exact same workout.........
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Body combat is 737
    Body Jam is 530

You cannot go according to the calories somebody else burns...Calorie burn is dependent on a lot of things, size, age, fitness level and more....I am 5'8, weighs 176 and am 44 years old - and relatively fit..I burn a lot less calories than a 30 year old 5'8 200lbs woman who has never exercised before...I probably burn more than a 5'1, 100lbs top fit 50 year old woman doing the exact same workout.........
    This. I'm 5'3", 111, 47 yrs old and yesterday I burned about 230 (and that's total, not net calories) in Body Pump according to my BodyMedia Fit and I lift pretty heavy and was sweaty by the end of class. Calorie burn is very individual.
  • annemw333
    annemw333 Posts: 19
    Options
    I found this online when I was trying to figure this out myself:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-body-combat-les-mills

I don't know how accurate it is but at least it allows you to input your weight so it's specific to you.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I found this online when I was trying to figure this out myself:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-body-combat-les-mills

I don't know how accurate it is but at least it allows you to input your weight so it's specific to you.

This is a great link Anne - thanks! I just tried this class for the first time today and OF COURSE my heart rate monitor broke yesterday so I had no idea what the burn was. But the class seemed similar to a few of the kickboxing/martial arts classes I've done before, and the link you gave posted comparable numbers to what I know I've burned in the past, so it seems like it could be pretty accurate!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    In Body Combat I usually burn around 530 for 45 min class and up to about 600 for the hour class.

Body Pump varies a lot more, dependent on so many factors - largely I'm pretty inconsistent in my weights in Pump but I always go hell for leather in Combat.