CAULIFLOWER & CHEESE RECIPES

Options
kimschoices
kimschoices Posts: 5 Member
Looking for an easy cauliflower/cheese recipe. Does anyone use laughing cow cheese or cheese whiz?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower With Cheese Sauce

Ingredients
    1 small cauliflower (1/4 pounds), cored and cut into florets (4 cups)
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups low-fat (1% milkfat) milk
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 large tomato, sliced then halved
    2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs

Directions
    1. Lightly grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish. In a steamer or colander placed over a large saucepan of boiling water, cover and steam the cauliflower for 10 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Transfer to the baking dish.
    2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mean-while, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the flour and cook until bubbly. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese, the mustard, and pepper, then pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
    3. Arrange the tomato slices around the edge of the dish. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

Someone else probably has an easier one but that's the only one I could find in my recipe box :flowerforyou:
  • kimschoices
    Options
    This sounds great, i have the ingredients--will be making tonight. Thank you.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love to trim and cut a whole head of cauliflower in to florets, peel 4-6 whole cloves of garlic, and peel and dice one small russet potato. Toss it all into a big pot of boiling water and cook until very tender. Drain well and put into your food processor (also works with electric hand mixer) Throw in a few wedges of laughing cow, splash of ff milk or ff half and half, season with salt and pepper. Soooooo delish! My husband, who truly believes that he is allergic to ALL vegetables, eats this up! He still doesn't know that it's not just the worlds best mashed potatoes.
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The best ever!

Baked Cauliflower

Cauliflower
    Red and yellow bell peppers
    Ricotta cheese
    Parmesan cheese
    Olive oil
    Minced garlic
    Italian seasoning

Cut cauliflower into florets and place into a glass/metal cake pan along with diced bell peppers. Coat with oil and toss/stir and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400. Remove from oven add garlic and toss again, spoon scoops of ricotta cheese and scatter around the pan (like making lasagna) , sprinkle with parmesan cheese; cover with foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.

You can do the same thing with Broccoli

**I sometimes add a spoonful of I can’t believe it’s not butter to give my hubby the “butter” taste he wants. Sorry I am not the kind of cooke/baker that measures I eyeball it...
  • kimschoices
    Options
    The first recipe was a hit. I will be trying the others too. Thank you for your responses.
  • zukilim
    zukilim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    definitely going to be trying one of these. cauli cheese is my new addiction!
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Roasted Cauliflower- so good you wont need calorie laden cheese!

Break up cauliflower into florets, drizzle with EVOO in a large bowl, add some minced garlic

roast in oven for 35-45 minutes at 375, until tender.

Rachel Ray did something similar, but put hot sauce on after to make 'meatless wings'. Also very good!
  • zukilim
    zukilim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best ever!

Baked Cauliflower

Cauliflower
    Red and yellow bell peppers
    Ricotta cheese
    Parmesan cheese
    Olive oil
    Minced garlic
    Italian seasoning

Cut cauliflower into florets and place into a glass/metal cake pan along with diced bell peppers. Coat with oil and toss/stir and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400. Remove from oven add garlic and toss again, spoon scoops of ricotta cheese and scatter around the pan (like making lasagna) , sprinkle with parmesan cheese; cover with foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.

You can do the same thing with Broccoli

**I sometimes add a spoonful of I can’t believe it’s not butter to give my hubby the “butter” taste he wants. Sorry I am not the kind of cooke/baker that measures I eyeball it...

Am trying out this recipe right now!! Excited!!